Chapter 26:The search for the chapel

Start from the beginning

"What kind of chapel is this that the doors are sealed for," asked the assassin still aiming his MP5 at her.

"The chapel belongs Order, not to Kenton, and how I am supposed to open them," Leslie stated.

The Knight watched closely through his binoculars to see what the Raptor would do he wasn't too worried about him but more about Leslie. The time would come when he had to make his move, it wasn't yet.

The Raptor kept his suppressed Glock down at his side he didn't want any sudden movements yet seeing the MP5 in the assassin's hands if they had they had the upper on him they were wrong. Leslie saw something in his eyes and knew what it was. No fear of course it made to her. She looked down at suppressed Glock.

"Your right about one thing I'm no hero I'm the Raptor shit for brains," The Raptor snapped.

Even if she could get the doors unsealed what did these assassins hope to find in there? She had no idea herself. she pulled the boards off the doors slowly as she opened them stepping into the chapel looking around.

It's dark air tinged with the salty humid scent, lights filtering from above cascades down to the sculptures covered in patches of moss. The atmosphere beckon her to inquire about the unusual church's origins?

The Raptor walked in behind her taking in the surroundings inside. Here they were but looking for what that was the question? The assassins stalked in.

Leslie walked around she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary that caught her eye. From what she knew that her father had told her was when Napoleon invaded the island he savaged everything from ever chapel before he left.

The assassin was losing his patience he had a job to do and didn't want to disappoint GrandMaster Kenton, but he wasn't going to start shooting in here that would be the last thing, Kenton wanted. Leslie burner buzzed in her pocket she grabbed it seeing that it was an encrypted number knowing that was it, Director Hamilton. She clicked on the accept button before she spoke.

"I talked to my contact in the Entity he told me that Ad Providam was a name of Papal Bull which a was a charter issued by Pope Clement V in 1312 that disbanded the order of the Knights of the Templars which essentially handed over all the assets over to the Hospitallers that are The Sovereign Military Order of Malta," Director Hamilton stated.

" Okay thats interesting to know but what does that have to with this church I'm at now," Leslie asked.

"I"m getting there he also told me that the Church of St Leslie was built after Mid 16-the century after that Knights

Arrived in Malta. So whatever Kenton is after most really important that he would send his knights after you," Director Hamilton remarked.

"Yes as soon I find it and learn what it is," Leslie demanded.

She ended the call on her burner placing it back into her pocket and started looking around again. As she made way over to one of the benches she suddenly noticed something tapped it under it. What was it she thought?

She reached under the bench grabbing the folded map unsealing the tape of it it. she looked at closely it was an ancient map but to where and to what she wondered? She noted that there was a saying on it.

"You spoke a word and life began told oceans where to began and where to end you set in motion time and space"

She slipped the ancient map into her pocket before the assassin saw it. The assassin walked over to her to see what she had slipped into her pocket. She had come this way far to maybe to find an answer, she wasn't going Kenton no in way in hell!

"Take whatever you found out your damn pocket now or I put a bullet into you," The assassin snapped.

Suddenly out of nowhere there was a loud gunshot as one of the assassins dropped to the ground. The knight looked the scope on his rifle one down he thought and then fired another shot flew in taking out the assassin.

The Knight walked over to the lift and took it down. Three seconds later he walked out and made his way over to the church. He stepped in leaving his rifle outside of it. Leslie turned around seeing someone standing there with a Maltese cross   ring on his right finger . There was something about him like a clam before the storm. 

"Who are you and what do you want from me," Leslie asked the Knight standing in front of her.

"I'm not here to hurt you Leslie GrandMaster Milano assigned me to watch you once he knew that you were in Malta. You probably don't remember but I was at your parents home when you were a child," The Knight stated.

"Why did you he want you to over me what for all that I know that I was suppose the letter my grandfather had written to me in which I did and now this church with an ancient map also I found," Leslie asked.

"Because GrandMaster knew that his time would to end and that hopley you become the new GrandMaster of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, he knew that Victor was going to try to stop you. Thats what he had your father were arguing about and that Papal requests," The knight told her.

The Raptor was very confused who was this so-called knight who had killed the assassins. The Knight had just appeared out nowhere he thought and now was talking to Leslie. He ventured out and looked at the bolt action rifle that laid against the wall.

"What if I don't want to become the new GrandMaster I'm just a cleaner that's why I left Malta in the first place to start my own life now I'm drawn back into this world that I wanted nothing to do with all because of this letter that I have," Leslie said.

"When the time comes you will what's right to do Lelie that's all I can tell you and that you should see where the map leads you then and only then you will know the truth," The Knight stated.

"You're not making any sense what truth why did my grandfather built the Church of St Leslie after the Knights arrived here," Leslie remarked.

The Knight strides out of the church picking up his bolt action rifle and ventured down the cobblestone street making his way over to the city and disappeared.

Leslie strolled over to where the Raptor was standing she saw the expression on his face knowing he wasn't sure who the hell the Knight was?

"Leslie whoever this Knight was he sure about a lot about you and your family it makes me wonder if you are just meant to a be a cleaner or the new GrandMaster," The Raptor stated.

"Honestly I don't know yet I love cleaning business you know I need some to think about it, but one thing for I'm your cleaner," Leslie told him.

She reached into her pocket pulling the map with the saying on it unsure of what it meant then unfolded the map. She studied it closely and then froze a second. She was looking at the map of Malta. What the fuck she thought what was this supposed to mean?