Chapter 23

Ymir's entire world was hazy and she felt that her ears were going to burst from the constant loud ringing she kept hearing. She couldn't make out what was the huge thing that was in front of her, but it quickly dropped dead the moment it tried to reach out to her.

She saw a figure racing towards her and it quickly picked her up. "YMIR!!". It shouted, she couldn't make out to whom did that voice belong to, her vision was slipping after all.

Another person shouted her name, but it clearly belonged to a feminine person.

She felt that her entire world was slowly collapsing, that burning sensation that she felt from her left arm was slowly disappearing as her entire world slowly became black.

What the hell just happened?

(..)

"Ymir?! YMIR?!". Christa hysterically said as she cried tears of horror and anguish, Connie quickly checked her pulse to see if there was still any life in her.

"Oh my God!". Marco said in horror, Connie quickly ripped out a fabric of his clothes. "I'll use that as a tourniquet! We need to somehow stop the bleeding!". He exclaimed.

Connie didn't waste any second as he quickly wrapped his ripped clothing around Ymir's....or where Ymir's left arm was. He then quickly picked her up and ran towards their horses and launched his grapplers to the nearest building.

"What the hell happened back there?!". Connie thought to himself. "The titan moved so fast....I was barely able to evade it".

He then gritted his teeth. "We need to go faster!". Connie barked. "But wouldn't that waste most of our gas?! It's risky Connie!". Marco exclaimed.

"It doesn't matter now! We have two injured soldiers on our hands!". Connie said. "Besides, we're close to the gates! Just keep going at a faster pace!".

Christa was still badly shaken to what happened to her dearest, tears were still rolling down from her eyes as she kept repeating to herself how Ymir is still going to be alright.

"Please make it in time". Christa thought to herself. "Just hang on Ymir, we're almost there!".

()

Two soldiers stood at the height of Wall Rose as they observed what was below them. They saw some injured soldiers being carried into the inner walls, some of them were severely injured while others unfortunately died on the way to the walls.

One of them pulled out a lighter and a cigarette, he lit his cigarette and he began puffing it. He kept letting out that thick, irritating smell from his nostrils which annoyed his comrade.

The soldier looked at his compatriot and he offered another cigarette for her. "Want a fag?". He asked.

The soldier girl looked at the man's offer, the only times she ever really tried to smoke was with her drunk father (Who often forced her to smoke anyway), and needless to say; it tasted really bad.

But still...She was being given a choice in wither or not she wanted to smoke, and maybe she can give it a try?

She was given a choice after all.

"I'll take one". She said, she took it from the man and placed it in her mouth, then the man lit her own cigarette as well and she began to take slow puffs.

The woman coughed as she tried to puff the cigarette, the man looked at her and he laughed. "First time?". He asked.

The woman shook her head. "My garbage dad forced me to smoke". She said. "It ain't the first time, but I sure as hell didn't get used to it".