Chapter 17

When everyone else was dismissed to prepare themselves, everyone was left shell shocked with the revelation that two of their most trusted comrades, Reiner and Bertholdt, were the architects of the tragedy that the people of Paradis have suffered.

Most of the soldiers became extremely vengeful, they used their hate and their anger as a motivator to participate in the upcoming expedition."We will kill the traitors and parade around the streets of Paradis with their heads!". A phrase that instantly became common for soldiers to use.

Annie saw dirty glares and hurtful comments being made against her as she followed Captain Levi and Commander Erwin to their own tent, it seemed like after the truth about Reiner and Bertholdt was revealed; everyone else became more lustful for her blood, but were discouraged from doing anything by Levi's cold yet menacing glares.

Armin was still shaken by the truth that Annie said but he quickly collected himself and sighed. He debated that if Annie went through the same thing, then Reiner and Bertholdt must've had to go through the same thing as well, even Annie said that whoever had the Colossal Titan (either Reiner and Bertholdt) wanted to mutiny against the mission they were supposed to carry.

But that didn't make any sense anymore, because they both ran away with stolen ODM gear.

Annie was also confused by Bertholdt's sudden decision, but she shook her head. She figured that Reiner must've known about Bertholdt's defection and he either threatened Bertholdt or coaxed him into staying in line with the mission.

Annie then looked at Eren, who was closely following them. Mikasa was staying close to him to comfort him, but Annie can tell that Mikasa was just as hurt from this revelation.

Levi ordered Eren to come with them, and Mikasa insisted to stay close to Eren, now they were on their way into Levi's tent.

Erwin was also deep in thought, sure he knew that Reiner and Bertholdt were an extremely important priority, but the more he thought about it; there was one issue that they couldn't possibly ignore any longer.

Trost District.

Trost was still exposed to the Titan threat for two months, and they've been discussing plans to retake the district and prevent the loss of Wall Rose, he kept thinking that perhaps it would've been better if they focused on Wall Rose first and then Reiner and Bertholdt. Of course, that all depends on any new information that Annie can possibly give them.

They will probably discuss it eventually.

"Alright, Titan brat". Levi said."Is there anything else we have to know more about? Maybe when you were with your 'teammates', you all hitched a backup plan in case everything goes down hill for you all?". Annie slightly widened her eyes and Levi noticed her sudden change in expression. "Huh, so you have more useful intel". He said.

"Such matters will be discussed within your tent Levi". Erwin said. "Annie, I trust that you will tell us everything?". Erwin asked.

"Your life depends on it". Levi said nonchalantly. "Unless you want to be mauled by the angry group of soldiers?".

Annie sighed, she knew that she had to tell them everything. She knew that because she remembered that she was Armin's responsibility, meaning that Armin would be susceptible in receiving the same punishment she would receive if she "fell out of line".

He did swear after all.....

She still hated the fact that Armin made her his responsibility, she still feared that he will be treated like dirt with her, but even when he knew that; he still insisted in taking care of her.

Of course, Annie could've cared less if someone tries to hurt her (She understands why such a thing would happen, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't defend herself), but she wanted to enforce that if anyone tried to hurt Armin, there would be hell to pay.