Chapter 14

Annie woke up in a strange land. There was nothing she can see or even possibly find, the darkness was the only thing that surrounded her, and there was no evidence of light to shine her way.

Annie got up and frantically looked everywhere for an exit, yet to no avail; she found none. She did not find a way to lead her out of this dark world, this lonely world.

Suddenly, she saw a ray of light making its way unto her, her eyes followed the trail of that light and her eyes widened.

A door opened, revealing bright light behind it. 

But a person came into that door, he waved at her and gestured her to come.

"Annie!". It shouted. "Annie! Come quickly!".

Her heart fell and a shiver was sent down her spine, she knew that voice every since she was an infant. 

Was this even real? Could it be....?

She started to walk towards that light, then she quickened her pace. Tears were threatening to fall from her face as she knew to whom did that voice belong to.

"Annie! My daughter!". The voice echoed throughout her dark world. "Come on my dear! You can make it!".

"Father!". She cried as she began running towards that light.

But suddenly, the land shook and Annie fell down on the floor. She quickly tried to get up, but realized that there was something holding her foot down.

A dark object seemed to cling on her leg, preventing her from going any further.

Despair filled her entire being as she tried to remove the object's hold from her legs, and to her horror; she noticed that the ray of light started to slowly disappear.

"Annie!!". Her father, her beloved father, shouted in despair. "ANNIE!!". He shouted again.

She desperately tried to get up, but sudden chains wrapped all around her body and her neck. It began to slowly drag her back into that dark, miserable world.

"FATHER!!!". She shouted in despair as she held out her hand, tears of fear and agony tainted her face as she was dragged back into her prison.

But as she kept calling, her father's voice was long gone. Her shouting and cries were drowned by the whispers of the many victims she was responsible for their deaths.

She was back again into that world, and her torment only begun.....

(......)

Annie jerked off of her bed with a scream, she was breathing rapidly and her face was tainted with tears. Her entire being shook from fear as she silently cried to herself.

From Annie's sudden outburst, Armin woke up from the chair he was sleeping on. Worry filled his heart as he looked at Annie. "Annie?! What happened?!". He asked as he grabbed her shoulders.

Annie looked at Armin with a teary expression, he noticed all of the fear and sorrow that were drawn on her face. "My father....He..". She muttered, struggling to get the words out of her mouth. "I tried....But I couldn't".

She failed to speak through her tears as she silently sobbed to herself, her hands were badly shaking and she only looked at the ground. 

Armin only figured that she must've had a nightmare about her father.

"Annie, it's okay". Armin said as he held her hand, he was glad that Annie squeezed his hand in return. "Your okay, your safe. Look at me". He lifted her chin and he once again saw her face that was filled with grief and sorrow.