Filler Chapter: Armin and Annie

The filler chapters are technically canon to this story, they will be used as means to give more character development and insight on our beloved characters.

Let's start our first filler chapter with our favorite couple shall we?

()

Truth to be told, Armin did really enjoy this night with all of his companions as they were in the barracks. Snow kept falling from the sky and it covered the entire landscape, pure white was everyone in the barracks able to see.

He enjoyed the jokes that Reiner threw and Bertholdt's little "lesson" about snow, there was some bickering between both Eren and Jean, but Reiner quickly stopped it before it escalated into a fist fight between the two.

"Hey, cut it out you two!". Reiner exclaimed. "We're here to enjoy the night, not to tear each other's throats. It's rare that we get a night like this so why not appreciate it?". Reiner asked.

"Tch, you have a point Reiner". Eren said. "I'll enjoy it once horse face over there stops being a jackass!".

"Why you little-". Jean and Eren were about to go at it again, but Reiner grabbed both of their heads and smashed them together. Eren hissed from the pain as he held his head. "What the hell was that for?!". He exclaimed.

Reiner sighed. "I really see two grown soldiers acting like literal jackasses". Reiner said. "So I decided to tame you both".

"Goddamnit Reiner, that hurt!". Jean exclaimed.

Armin and Bertholdt enjoyed their conversation with Thomas, they talked about many things but at this moment, they mainly talked about who Thomas's special person was.

"W-Well...Mina's really something you know?". Thomas said as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "She's like...well everything I wanted for a woman to have". He said. "She's intelligent, she's beautiful, she's kind....I don't know what more can I say about her!". He said as he furiously blushed.

Bertholdt chuckled lightly as he placed his hand on his shoulder. "Well, why don't you to confess to her?". He asked. "You have a lot more confidence than I'll ever have, besides life is short so why not take the chance?". He said.

"I know!". Thomas exclaimed. "But I don't know why it's so damn hard! It's like talking to any other girl, but when I try to talk to her; its like my tongue ties itself and I literally can't get any words to speak!". He said with despair.

"You can do it". Armin said. "I mean, you're pretty close to her and she's quite fond of you, why not give it a shot?". He said.

Thomas said. "You're right". He said. "But you guys gotta give me advice, I really wanna know how do I talk to her!". Thomas asked.

As Bertholdt began to tell Thomas any kind of advice, Armin looked around the barracks and he noticed that someone was missing.

Annie.

He came to Reiner, who was still lecturing Eren and Jean about the importance of a soldier's duty. "Hey Reiner...I just noticed something". He said.

Reiner raised an eyebrow. "What is it?". He asked.

"Where's Annie?".

Reiner placed his hands on his chin as he thought about an answer for Armin. "Well...She told me she's just gonna take a walk outside". Reiner said. "Not sure where, but I doubt she'd be too far from here anyway".

"A walk?! In this crazy cold weather?!". Jean exclaimed. "She would've probably taken something warm for herself, don't worry about it too much". Reiner said.