Prologue

It's difficult to grasp what exactly happened to Mr. Leonhart in this day. He was watering his garden in the morning, but as time passed by; he was arrested by Marleyan officers and he was thrown within Marley's prisons.

Marley, that was the place that an Eldian like him and his adopted daughter, Annie, lived in.

They were not kind enough to treat the Eldians as normal human beings, they lived in an internment zone and they were discriminated against. Their lives weren't good, but Mr. Leonhart knew that it's better than living outside in a world riddled by Titans.

Titans that Marley made.

The ultimate punishment that an Eldian can face is that of a fate worse than death, all what it takes is a simple Titan Spinal Fluid and they will be turned into mindless Titans, forever to roam the world with no hope of getting any kind of freedom.

Nevertheless, Mr. Leonhart figured that the reason he was inside a prison cell to begin with, was simply because of a conspiracy that spread around Marley like a wildfire.

The conspiracy was that some Eldians within the internment zone were willing to conspire against the government of Marley. A long time ago, there were Eldians who conspired against the government, but it all ended in failure and all of those suspected in aiding the conspiracy were titanized immediately.

Fears about this conspiracy resurfaced when the government found the "truth" about this conspiracy. Apparently, an Eldian who was loyal to the Marleyan government accused many people of aiding this conspiracy.

Among these people were Mr. Leonhart himself.

There were many men, women and even children within these prison walls. Mr. Leonhart only hoped that his predictions would be wrong, but as time passed by, it became more apparent.

They will be titanized.

Mr. Leonhart would've cared less about his life, but he worried most for his daughter. She promised him to come back home safely, but what if she comes back home and she doesn't find him?

What if she comes back to Marley, only to be prosecuted and fed to a titanized warrior candidate so that candidate can inherit her power?

He felt helpless, he did not know how should he even communicate with her. He had a pen and a paper within his pockets (The Marleyan Officers didn't bother inspecting him completely anyway), but he did not know how could he send her a message: a message about his demise and a message to warn her.

He was almost certain that he will be titanized, but he did not want his daughter to suffer a dark, brutal fate.

He looked out of the window, lamenting on his inability of protecting his daughter, lamenting about how he would fail to protect his daughter.

He thought all hope was lost, but suddenly he saw a bird landing close to where his window was.

He squinted his eyes for a better look, and his eyes widened.

It was his bird!

Before Annie left for her mission, he raised a bird which was trained for sending messages, he never knew why it was trained for such a thing, but it didn't really matter to him anyway.

He quickly glanced at the door of his prison cell, his guard was sleeping. He turned to face the bird and he quickly whistled to gain the attention of the bird, it was a small, quiet whistle, but it did get the attention of his bird.

The bird instantly recognized the whistle and flied towards his window. Mr. Leonhart let tears of relief stain his face, his daughter will be safe!

But he instantly knew that he had to quickly write his message, he looked once again into his prison door, and his guard was still sleeping. There was no guard that was awake to roam the prison cells.

Five minutes have passed and he finished writing his message, he tied it to the bird's leg and sent it away to fly.

He hoped that it would reach Paradise Island, never mind the fact that it was a continent away, he hoped that the bird would know where to go.

Then he sat and prayed, and he prayed for his own daughter's safety.

Author's Note: more wi be revealed about that bird, don't worry.