Bonus Chapter : The Holden Pike Affair { Serena POV }

I was waiting for my turn to go out on the newest talk show, Mike and Mickey, nervous as I could be. Sure, I'd been on a thousand shows before to talk about music, perform, tell stories. But now I'd gone and done it, written a fricking memoir. What was I thinking? It was mostly about my childhood, growing up being raised by the odd coupling of a famous actress and a professor, recounting the strangeness of becoming famous overnight, and telling my side of the story. And in the past seven years I'd had two public and unsuccessful engagements, so I felt the need to speak out. Was I happy to be single? Yes, I was, and there was nothing wrong with it. Still, my gut churned as I wondered what they might ask me. There was one big void in my stories, one event I couldn't write about. Loosing Brady smith, that awful tape I released, how it felt to see him leave me behind and have a perfect family. God, it was awful to think of it all. He was happy, and it know I'd made the right choice letting him go, but still. Sometimes years can pass but your heart stays frozen, forever stuck on a loop. And no man has ever made me feel as safe as Brady, or as unhinged. It was a paradox I was trying to forget, because he was married with a capital M. I mean, they had three children together, so clearly they'd worked out their issues.

I wrung my hands and sighed. Thinking of Brady was not helping my nerves. This was the Mike and Mickey show, a duo talk show. I'd watch them discussing the headlines, and it'd distract me. I wasn't in the limelight, so did it matter? I turned to the backstage monitor, focusing on them. Was Mickey the tall one or the short one? Mickey was taller, right? I couldn't remember.

"So we have a breaking update on the Holden Pike story," the tall one said.

I sighed. Holden Pike was a billionaire investor, who had recently been famous for his involvement in a international children's charity called "the kindness project." Pike had embezzled all of the funds from the charity and fled the country, billions of dollars richer. What a bastard, I thought idly.

"So Holden Pike, the world worst scam artist, is allegedly guilty of stealing from more than just children," the short one said. "Pike is now being accused of infidelity, and his alleged mistress is being investigated by the FBI and has also fled the country."

"Any guesses on who the mistress is," the taller one asked. "She's a celebrity."

A few names were called out before Mike and Mickey waved them off. The taller one, whom I was convinced was Mickey by now, looked at them.

"The alleged mistress is none other than Natasha Smith, supermodel and wife of country superstar, Brady Smith."

Oh snap.

"Natasha has been a spokesperson for the charity for the last year and half, even attending functions when she was nine months pregnant with her third child," Mike said. "The Smith family has released a statement stating she left her family behind last month, probably leaving the country with Holden Pike."

"The Smith family has an official statement," Mickey said. "It reads as follows

'We ask that the public respects our privacy during this difficult time. The allegations that Natasha Smith was or is involved in the Holden Pike scandal is a surprise to our family. Right now, we are cooperating with the FBI, even freezing our joint accounts until further notice to help investigators. The Smith family is focusing on healing and supporting the children, Niko, Claire, and Calvin. Brady is pursuing a divorce to give the family closure, but the proceedings will be very slow in Natasha's absence. There will be a more detailed statement released as we know more, and our sympathies are sent out to all families hurt by Natasha smiths actions.""

"This makes me so angry," Mike said. "I've met the Smiths, and I was impressed. I mean, five years ago, Brady Smith was this little punk. He was an idiot, really."