Bonus Chapter: The Mornings After {Brady POV}

THIS BONUS CHAPTER WILL BE FROM BRADY'S POV.  It will probably jump around through the plot a bit, here and there. There will be a few brady/serena bonus chapters, possibly like six. I was going to post two big chapters but those are hard to read on a phoen sometimes so here is the first installment.  = )

                I felt her hair cascading all over the bed, fanning out across the pillow. It’d been a while since I’d woken up next to a woman and felt anything other than panic. She snored slightly and I smiled, feeling something different today. For the first day in months, I woke up with a feeling of wanting something other than a drink. I wanted her.

“Ugggggg,” she groaned, rolling over. Her eyes cracked open and she saw me, with my shirt off. To say she looked surprised was an understatement.

“Brady,” she said. “My head hurts. Why are we in bed together? How much did I drink last night?”

“Shhh,” I whispered. “Serena, you’re hung over. Your backup singers gave you whiskey; you really cannot hold your liquor.”

“Did we…” she asked, her voice shaky. Her eyes darted around and she glanced down, relieved to see she still had her clothes on.

“We did some pretty hardcore spooning, nothing your dad would be angry about.” I said. “You were really messed up when I got the party, so I stayed with you. I didn’t think you’d mind. I didn’t…try anything, of course.”

I was actually an expert on how to not sleep with a woman you loved, since the only other girl I’d fallen for was as chaste as lively nun.

                “Thank god,” Serena said. “I’m never drinking again.”

I inhaled, trying not to feel offended. Of course she’d be relieved we weren’t together. Of course Serena didn’t think waking up to a notorious womanizer and drug addict was good news. She hadn’t been waiting for me like id been waiting for her. This affection I had was a one way street, and I was just happy a suave publicist with genteel manners and even figure bank accounts hadn’t ruined it all. Yet.

“You need anything,” I asked, sitting up.

She glanced at me, her eyes darting down to my torso.

“Can you put a shirt on?” she asked.

“Am I too sexy for you, darling?” I asked, wriggling my eyebrows.

I sounded like Chase MacDonald there, but it was early. Besides, Chase had a healthy relationship with a beautiful girl. Maybe it was time I used some southern charm on Serena. Then again, I was Canadian.

“Well,” she blushed, her eyes drifting down. “I probably look like a mess. I know it, I have raccoon eyes and beer breath. And your there looking like something out of men’s muscle magazine…:

“You read that, do you?” I winked.

“Be serious,” Serena said. “I can’t believe I was so stupid. Did I come onto you?”