"And the daycare, and my college too if you're up for it."

"And look after Angel at the same time? Impossible."

"Well I'm sure it won't take much convincing to get Caleb and Alex to help out with the guinea pig."

"Why..."

"Why what?"

"What would I gain from being driven mad by kids and hanging out at your college?"

"Exercise, purpose...and you'd keep me company." He said and I chuckled.

"Oh, thought you had friends?" I teased and he smirked.

"I do have friends, Riley."

"Then what's wrong with their company?"

"Nothing, I just prefer yours." He stated quietly, and my cheeks grew warm.

Uhhhhh.

"Okay, sure. I'll go." I agreed, although it might of been to release the tension rather than wanting to.

"Great! Let's go on a walk." He chuckled as he stood up and I watched him suspiciously.

Was he purposefully doing that...no he couldn't be. That's not his character...and he doesn't... know... right?

I hope not.

Oh lord, am I too obvious or something.

I got up and followed him out silently, then paused when I realised what I was doing.

What the, I don't want to go on a dog walk...

Ugh, goddamn it.

I grimaced as Aaron made a loud whistling noise, and gathered the lead as the large lump of a dog came barrelling into the hallway.

"Where's Hunter anyways?" I asked as he patted him and opened the door.

"Studying." He answered, making me bite my lip.

Right, school...

I followed him outside, perhaps less enthusiastically than Russell. The evening air was warm and breezy.

I guess it's nice to get outside.

I no longer had my eye patch, and my eyes weren't so sensitive. My right eye was blurred, but my left was nearly fully healed.

It felt good to be able to look around and appreciate the scenery again.

I had my stitches on my waist taken out yesterday, so the skin felt a little sore, but other than that it was completely healed. With a giant ugly ass scar of course.

Aaron still had his hand bandaged... I noticed it caused him pain a lot...made me feel awful.

"What are you staring at?" Aaron asked and I looked up at him.

"Everything...green stuff. Leaves I guess."

"Leaves are great." He snickered.

"Not just leaves, I mean the woods in general, it's good to appreciate nature. Now that I can see it again."

"Don't have to tell me that." He smiled, waiting for me to catch up and walk next to him.

"Are you sure there aren't any more traps out here?" I asked in concern as Russell charged through the bushes.

"Yes, we had a team of people sweep the surrounding forest twice. Well, not we, the rangers organised it because it's their land."

The what.