chapter 14

"Riley!!!!!!!!!!!" someone shouted and I bolted upright. Luca, who was sleeping on a loveseat in the corner of my room, looked equally startled and drowsy. 

Just then Nate burst through my door with Alex. I widened my eyes before just moving my legs out of the way as they both jumped onto the bed excitedly. 

"You coming with us today right!?" Alex asked as they both crawled forward and started crawling all over me. 

"I hope so" I distractedly replied as I tried to escape from them.

"Guys, please be careful" Luca huffed as he got up. 

Nate smiled before ruffling my hair and I gave him a unimpressed but playful look. 

"Come on, we're late" Alex said as he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the bed. "Okay okay!" I got free from his grip while chuckling at his inpatient face. 

Time to go back to school.

-

"That dude is so fucking hot, like......jesus..." I said as I checked out our new gym teacher. Erin rolled his eyes at me.

"Pretty sure Jesus wasn't that hot" he replied and I scoffed before nudging him. 

"You know I didn't mean that" I rolled my eyes at him as he smiled. 

"Boys, am I keeping you from something?"  a voice asked from the front of the classroom and we both put innocent smiles on. 

"No sir, sorry sir" I said as I looked him over again. He had rough cut blacky brown hair and pearl blue eyes, and I'm not over exaggerating when I say he is so fucking fit. Guess it suits for a gym teacher.

I looked back to Erin after the teacher gave me a suspicious look and he had an unimpressed expression on his face.

"Would you stop checking out every guy you see, like seriously do you have no shame" he huffed and the teacher looked our way again. I smiled at him and he went back to explaining about rules of netball....or something.

Crap I really should of listened...

"Ha, you're just jealous" I replied when I judged it as safe to speak.

Erin stared at me blankly. 

"Didn't deny it!" I said then nudged him with my elbow. 

"Riley is it?" the teacher asked from behind me and I jumped. I spun around and smiled innocently, but he was giving  me a 'can see right through that' look. 

"Yeah.......Sorry." I gave him a serious expression, but a smile was determinedly pulling at my lips. 

"Ignore my warnings again and it'll be a detention young man" He gave me a stern look before walking off. 

I imitated his 'young man' and Erin rolled his eyes at me. "What? He's too young to be calling other people 'young men' , like, come on" I complained and he ignored me as he walked off to join the people playing hockey.

So it was hockey, my bad. 

-

 "OH my god Riley i am SO sorry" Erin apologized as he cringed while looking at my bruised head. We were sitting on a bench to the side of the match after he smacked me right in the head with the hockey stick. It wasn't enough to give me another concussion, thank hell, but it still really hurt. 

I held an ice pack to my bruised and cut forehead as he crouched in front of me, seemingly oblivious to the over competitive hockey players swinging their sticks like they were in a sword fight right behind him. 

"It's fine, I'm fine, Don't worry about it" I tried to reassure him but he stayed looking like he was going to pass out from guilt. 

"My head has been through so much i am surprised it hasn't fallen off" I commented and he made an even more worried face. 

Some people need to lighten up. 

"Erin I'm fine, if it was something serious i'd be dead" I stated to calm him but that made him make another face.

 "Ugh I was nearly a murderer!!!" he huffed and sat on the bench next to me, crossing him arms then sighing. 

 I looked down to the ice pack in my hand then up to the basketball hoop the other side of the court.

"You won't get that in" Erin stated bluntly and I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"How'd you know? I could have, like, amazing aim or something" I said and tossed the pack around in my hands. 

"Go on then, I dare you" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. I looked at it one more time before aiming then throwing it. It hit the rim before falling into the net. 

I raised my eyebrow at Erin, giving him a smug look. "Boys, seriously?" the teacher spoke loudly from the other side of the gym, he was crossing his arms and giving me a unimpressed look. 

Erin looked at me when the teacher turned back around and smiled mischievously. "Bet you couldn't hit him with one" he commented and I chuckled. "No, mainly because i have none left" I stated and he motioned behind me. There were dodgeballs in a basket. 

"A dodgeball? Hmm....." I thought about it, dodgeballs were a tiny bit light for throwing to be honest. 

"Come on, seriously, you have to" he encouraged. "I have to? Why's that?" I asked and crossed my arms. "Oh come on seriously, you can't waste this opportunity" he encouraged and i rolled my eyes. 

"Alright, I'm dragging you with me to detention though" I said as I stood up.

"Wait...what?" I heard him say behind me and smiled as I threw the ball. 

It flew high up into the air, and my smile turned into a smirk as it slowed exactly where I wanted it to and dropped straight down on the teachers head.

I slowly sat down as he just stood there for a few moments, with a pissed expression. Then his glare turned to where I was and I knew I was doomed. 

I pointed at Erin with a deer caught in headlights expression. "Hey!" he shouted and pushed my hand away. "That's evil" he huffed and widened his eyes as the teacher calmly strolled over to us.

What was his name...I read it before....Ah, yes , Jakob...something...........

"I'm guessing you were the reason there is ringing in my ears" he commented bluntly. "Ringing? From a dodgeball?" I raised a brow and Erin elbowed me. 

"Ow...." 

"Seen as you seem to be so handy with your aim, you can join me for after school basketball, junior after school basketball" he smiled and I gulped.

Oh shit.....Children.

I shot daggers at Erin who was laughing at me.

"You too, Mr Peterson" Jakob added and Erin's face fell.

"Lol" I added quickly before smiling sarcastically at the teacher. 

I'm not one to use that type of language but I'm not going to push it with this pissed looking man okay.

"Would love too, really" I said and he narrowed his eyes before turning his attention back to the game.

"I'm going............To be killed..........If not by children by my foster parents......" Erin said while staring into space. 

"I'm going to have to agree with that" I sighed as I leaned back against the wall. 

A cut forehead and disappearing for a few hours, man they're going to kill me.