114

Happy single shaming day guys

Tried my best to get this out today, even though now I've moved to England, and it's 1.30 AM here @-@ and cold, and wet....yay

Chester was obviously more freaked out than I realised, because when we got back to the house he actually stood looking out of the door for a few moments before locking it.

He then went and played around with the security system panel for a bit, and I eventually crossed my arms at him.

"It's not the apocalypse Chess, I think we'll be alright." I commented and he blinked at me.

"Hmm." He frowned before turning and leaving with purpose.

...okay.

I made myself a cup of coffee before sitting in the kitchen, it seemed like everyone was upstairs already.

Chester returned after a few minutes, he must have been checking the doors or something.

I glanced up at him politely before looking back down at my phone. However after several minutes I realised he was still stood opposite me.

"... What's up?" I questioned as he stared out of the window.

"... nothing?" He narrowed his eyes, seeming to think it was a trick question or something.

"... M'kay." I clicked my tongue after a few moments of silence and sipped my coffee awkwardly.

After a while, he sat down opposite me with a sigh, looking almost bored.

Hang on a minute.

"You're not trying to watch over me, are you?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Of course I am, Chance isn't back 'till tomorrow so I don't know what's going on, and it's not like I can call the police over something so vague." He sighed.

"You're way too tense about this." Makes me glad I didn't tell Aaron or Luca, if Chester reacted this bad I have no idea what they would do.

"You were being followed Riley! In the dark, at night! God, who knows what they wanted, they could have been a robber, or a murderer, or worse!"

"Worse than a murderer?"

"Well, you know..." He frowned.

"Oh, you mean a rapist? I think I'd rather be raped than murdered to be honest, wouldn't you?" I said casually and he seemed completely horrified.

"Riley!?!"

"What?" I snorted. "Am I not allowed to say that word or something?"

He took in a breath about to speak, then paused, seeming stuck on what to say.

"I'm sure it never used to be a tense subject before I came along, you may have even shared a joke or two about it, what's the difference now?" I pressed and he seemed highly displeased.

"Riley, just because you-..." He stopped himself and sighed, and I let him suffer for a few moments before chuckling.

"You can scold me about it if you want Chester, honestly. That type of behaviour is inappropriate either way no matter your experience with the subject."

"You're messing with me?" He frowned at me.

"Yes, I'm messing with you." I smiled in amusement, but heavy indications of confusion still surrounded his features.

"You're acting really strange." He concluded after a few moments.

"Touche."

"What?" His brows seemed furrowed to the extreme, and I chuckled before pressing my finger against his forehead.