18

I sighed in boredom as I rested my chin on my arm resting on the table. I was just sat at the table in the kitchen, boredly watching Alex do some maths homework. Which I was supposed to be doing too because I have that class but fuck it I wasn't in class when that was given so I'm not doing it, you get me?

"What's pi squared divided by 1.9 to the power of ten?" Alex suddenly asked and looked up at me.

I just stared blankly at him.

"I have no idea." I replied bluntly and he gave me a look.

"Really? I thought you were intelligent Riley" he tutted as he shook his head at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Maths equals.....no. Okay, just no" I said and sighed as he tilted his head while staring at me oddly.

"If you have nothing to do why don't you just do your homework?" he asked and I gave him a look.

"Because that'd make me so bored I'd fall asleep, and yawn and just be so bored it'd cause pain, you know? Other homework fine, maths, NO." I huffed dramatically and he smiled.

"Can tell you are going to be a handful in that class" he commented and I rolled my eyes. 

"Riley where are you!?"  I heard Luca call as he walked down the stairs and cursed. 

"Quick hide me" I said as I ducked under the table and Alex laughed. 

I silently creeped out the otherside and hid behind the kitchen counter, then froze as I heard Luca walk into the room. 

"Alex have you seen Riley?" he asked with a sigh and I carried on moving along the kitchen counter area.

"He was here a minute ago" he replied casually and I cursed him in my head.

Damned traitor!

I reached the end of the counters and peered round the corner. Luca was standing by the table with his back to me, so I decided to break for it. 

"Riley get back here!" he shouted and I winced as I dashed through the hall and into the living room. 

"Dog!" I shouted as the same bloody dog as last time sprinted towards me and I just avoided running it over. At the expense of face planting of course. 

I winced and rubbed my head as I sat up, only to hear a surprised yelp and Hunter to trip over me.

He landed on me with a great thud and I groaned when he elbowed my crotch. 

"Oh my god Riley I am so sorry!" he winced as he tried to scramble off me and I was interrupted from saying it's fine by the evil dog attacking my face with slobbery licks.

He started laughing when I grimaced at the dogs stinky breath and I gave up running away, just lay there on the floor with two massive weights pinning me down.

"What in the hell happened here?" Luca asked and I smiled. Eh, it was worth the effort.

I stroked the dogs head as Hunter finally managed to stand up.

"Sorry Riley...Again" he apologized and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I think this dog's out to get me" I commented as it attacked my face again and Hunter smiled almost shyly before leading it out of the room hastily.

"Riley if you get hurt one more time I am fricking locking you in a room and you can get fricking home schooled" Luca complained as he helped me up and I rolled my eyes. 

"Yeah sorry hun" I said as I started to walk away from him and he looked dumbfounded.

"Err excuse me? Hey wait! Riley get back here!" he finally caught on as I neared the hallway and I laughed as I disappeared around the corner.