103

Damn so many ships active in this chapter

-

After Aaron practically forced me to eat this giant meal I simply sat back down on the sofa again. Aaron seemed disturbed by that, and just sat in the chair opposite trying to revise even though it was clearly better for him to do it upstairs alone. He was on his laptop but with one earphone out, and kept frowning at it.

I was expecting myself to go on my phone, but I seemed to be finding frowning at the black TV screen plenty entertaining so whatever I guess.

I used to daydream all the time when I was a kid...

Of unicorns and Hugh Jackman of course.

"What are you thinking so intensely about?" Aaron eventually asked and I smiled.

"Men." I answered and he gave me a look. "And various other things."

"Right..."

"What, you don't find yourself thinking intensely about men?"

"No, can't say that I do."

"Huh, you're a mystery."

He just blinked at me like he didn't know whether I was joking or not.

"What are you thinking about?" I shot back.

"Why you're acting off, and methane gas." He said as he looked back at his laptop.

"I'm just tired I guess." I rested my cheek on my palm.

"Ugh, tell me about it. Do you want some coffee?" He asked, yawning as he picked up his empty mug and stood up.

"You've had like six coffees already." I pointed out and he blinked at me.

"So?" He questioned and I shook my head with a smile.

"I'm sorry I kept you up last night." I apologised as I stared down at the floor.

"You don't need to apologize, in fact I forbid you from apologizing, okay." He stated and I smiled up at him. He returned it before sitting next to me.

"Maybe I have had enough coffee... doesn't seem to help though." He shook his head trying to wake himself up and I bit my lip.

"Maybe you should go to bed then." I suggested and he looked me in the eye.

"And leave you down here alone?"

I just made a face and he sat back with his arms crossed.

"I'm staying down here." He stated. "But I'm too tired to revise..." He sighed and I clicked my tongue.

"Suit yourself..."

It was then silent for a while, which would usually be fine but I felt bad for distracting him from his work.

"I think we should go on a walk later, detox." Aaron suggested and I looked a him with a raised brow.

"I thought Alex and I were grounded?" I reminded.

"Well, if you can tell me what you did wrong then I'll let it slide." He said and I gave him a look.

"Are you trying to parent me?"

"Someone has to."

I rolled my eyes. "Um, well I punched your little brother for one, that's never good. And I got angry in the first place, which I should have more control over, but no one's perfect so."

"Right."

"Hmm, what else even happened, apart from Alex insulting both you and I."

"Well you provoked him didn't you."