♥ Friends? ♥ (Part 2)

Requested by: ISilverstepI

Thomas' P.O.V

When we got to my house, James broke down into a sob and it made me crumble, I had no idea that this could impact him so much.

"James we can't let this rumor get to us, not to mention it happened this morning, I'm sure everyone will forget by tommrow, okay?"

"Thank you, Thomas, I just.....I've never been gossiped about y'know...I tend to stay out of these situations and blend in with the crowd."

"Well James, you can't blend in if you're one of a kind...I'm sorry, I got you into this mess."

"You were just being yourself, coming to class late, it was just bad timing..."

I nodded and we hugged each other. James then let go although I was longing for more contact with him. Unlike James I didn't mind the rumor as much, but I knew it made James upset so I would do anything in my power to back him up.

The next day at school was not at all what I predicted, the two of us were pushed into the janitor's closet. We were locked in unfortutantly.

This only made James panic more because he had his classes and attendance was important to him. I tried to find a way out but no luck..

I was alone with the one person I cared about the most, so I couldn't complain too much..soon James starts to calm down, and we both decide since we're gonna be in here for a while we might as well make the best of it.

We talk with each other and play card games to pass the time. For once I was enjoying myself alongside James. Our bond seemed to grow more, the longer we stayed in there. I looked at my watch and it had been a good three hours...

I got stupidly bored to say the least

So bored I started playfully flirting with James, it's just so cute when he gets all shy and unsure.

"What would you say if I told you I liked you?" I purred

His face became red as a tomatoe, "I'd say I like you too."

"Well James, I don't know when, but you have stolen my heart...all I wanna do is protect you, smother you, and love you..."

"I like you too Thomas, I was just worried that what happened was gonna tear us apart, I'm sorry for over reacting or pushing the idea that I was only worried about school...that's far from the truth. All I ever wanted was for you to hold me."

I hold James close to me and he snuggles in my chest then I lean in and kiss his forehead while he rests in my arms.

Soon after that, the janitor finally came back and let us out, school had already ended. I hold James' hand and together we walk to my house.

"I love you, James."

"I love you too, Thomas."

Side by Side

Hand in Hand