You're a Good Kid

BEN POV:

I wake up to Jess staring at me. "Mom!" She yells. Veronica walks into the living room. "What's up?" I sit up. "Uncle Ben has a boner he's gross!" Veronica looks at her. "How old are you?" She ask lying her hands on her daughter. "16." Jess whispers. "So you should grow up! Go!" Jess walks away. "Sorry about that." Veronica whispers. "But you do have a little friend." I cover myself with a pillow. "I'm sorry. If there's enough pressure sometimes this happens." She smiles. "Just do what you need to do to fix that." I nod and go the bathroom. I take a long piss and undue my boner. I walk out of the bathroom. "Oh Toni called you need to talk to her." Veronica tells me. "What happened?" I ask. "I really don't know she just called me to tell you to call her because you haven't been picked up your phone." I nod. "I'll call her later." I whisper. "You should call her now. She said it was an emergency." My eyes widen. "Is Jason ok?" She shrugs. "I don't know."

I walk into Jason's room. "Bud." I take my jacket off. He looks up from his book. He gets up and hugs me. "Hey!" I smile. "What happened?" I ask concerned. "I don't know. I kinda blacked out." He tells me sitting on the bed. "I've been out of it for the past few days." I nod. "I'm sorry bud." I whisper. "How's mom?" He ask. "I don't really know. I called her yesterday to make sure you were ok." I tell him. "We weren't worried about each other." He nods. "Dad?" I look at him. "Yeah bud?" I whisper. "Are you and Mom getting a divorce?" He ask scared almost. "I don't know. Hopefully not. We're trying to fix things, but, I can't make any promises." I tell him. He takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry kiddo." He shrugs. "Just try to stay together or at least pretend to like each other." He tells me. "We're working on it." He nods. "Dani is mad at both of you." He whispers. "I know. When I was on your phone she kept yelling at me in the background." I smile sadly. He smiles a little. "Only Dani." I nod. "She's just wants the best for you." I whisper. "Why?" He ask confused. "Because you're her baby brother. Yes she hated you until you were about 8 but only because she was to young to realize that she had to share the spot light." He smiles. "When am I getting out of here? I feel like I'm going even more crazy in a place where they are supposed to help crazy people." He ask concerned. "I don't know when you're getting out. You need to worry about getting better before getting out of here. You're here for a reason. You need to get better. You have to take your meds. Trust me it sucks, but they work." I cups his cheeks. "I know. I will." He nods. "Good." I kiss the top of his head. "You are gonna make it through all of this." I encourage him. "You ok?" I ask quietly. "I think so." He whispers. "You're a good kid." I tell him. "I love you forever." He nods. "I'll see you soon." Jason nods. "You really don't talk much." He smiles. "Yeah."

I've been walking around the Cooper/Lodges house not really knowing what to do with myself. "Ben?" I look at Veronica. "Hey." I smile. "You ok?" She ask quietly. "Is there anything I can do?" I ask quietly. "What do you mean?" She ask confused. "I need something to do." I tell her. "Yeah. The dishes need to be cleaned. Come to me when you're done." I nod and go to the kitchen.