Ch.19 [Despair or Hope]

3rd Person's POV

(Princess Luna was hiding behind a tree a secret hideout of some sort, she was crying silently her compositions on the ground. She was crying because she was once again ignored by her parents and overshadowed by her brother. "Hey you!" someone called and she looked up to see two girls one with blonde hair in pigtails and one with black hair they both had blue eyes. "Why are you crying, are you sad?" the blonde asked and the princess nodded. "Junko we really shouldn't be here..." the black haired one said to the other. "Whatever Mukuro, can't you see she's crying? Hey, do you want to be our friend?" Junko asked Luna and her crying ceased as she smiled nodding.

"Did they ignore you again?" Junko ask Luna who was enraged and tearing up her latest composition. They were at their secret hideout in the garden. "I know what will cheer you up! Big sis! Give it to her!!" Luna was confused and was handed some sort of collar by Mukuro. "It's a special collar, it can make you talk." she explained as Luna lit up wearing it immediately. She opened her mouth to form words. "T....T-thank y-you.." she said while hugging them.)

Kurose sighed touching the collar on her neck remembering how she got it. Hajime watched the brunette who clutched her abdomen trying to stop the bleeding, she was leaning against the wall. "I guess...I'm still being shunned away and forgotten huh? Heh..." she chuckled looking up at the ceiling. "I killed my own family, destroyed my kingdom and hurt my brother...I guess this is Karma biting back at me..." she said losing all hope as her eyelids started drooping. "It's not too late." Hajime said to her and they all looked at him.

"What?" she asked him. "It's not too late to fix everything, you may have done bad things in the past but you can still change your future." he said to her, she was silent staring at his unwavering eyes she chuckled. "What nonsense are you talking about? There's no hope left--" she was cut off. "There is hope left, if you set us free, we can help you, we can stop them from ruining the world." Chiaki said trying to convince her. "What's the point?...We'll all be turned into despair anyway..." Kurose said looking down.

Nagito stood up leaning against the bars. "I won't give up. Kiku never gave up on me, I'll do anything to save him from despair." he said determined. "He might be an idiot but he held us together." Fuyuhiko commented a small smirk on his face. "Please let us go so we can save him." Ibuki said. "And how in the world are you going to stop them?" she asked them. "We have each other. And that's all we need." Hajime said. Kurose snorted at their reckless behavior.

"Ah...My brother really did find happiness..." she said standing up and staggering to the lever. She pulled it back making the cage lift up setting the five free as they helped the others who were tied up. Kurose leaned on the wall sliding down her body to weak to stand. Hajime went to her. "Come on." he said trying to help her stand but she pushed him away. "I can't...I can't face my brother after what I did...And I'll only be a burden with my wound..." she said panting and groaning in pain. Mikan came to her side and made her lie down and helped her with the wound.

She looked at the girl who she just threatened to kill before. "Why?." she asked quietly. "Because we don't leave people behind who needs help." she answered with a smile. Kurose stared at them before sighing in defeat. "You." she said pointing to Nagito. He silently went to her. "My brothers brain was messed with by Mukuro, he can't remember you guys at the moment and only follows orders from Junko. Don't let him enchant the stone. He's the only one who can activate it other than me, the door they went through only leads to a tower..." she said coughing. She took his hand and looked up at him pleadingly. "Please...Save him..." she pleaded and he nodded with a reassuring smile.

"Wait, Nagito, Fuyuhiko you should stay here, your injuries--" Hajime was cut off by the two. "No! Even if I can't move my left hand, I want to do whatever I can to save Kiku!" Nagito said with a determined face. "You think this small scratch can affect me? You're underestimating me too much." Fuyuhiko scoffed crossing his arms. Hajime sighed at them, a small smile on his face. "All right." he agreed reluctantly and the two fist bumped each other.