Ch.17 [Sorry]

3rd Person's POV

Miraculously Nagito was alright the next 2 days, he even insisted to come to class even though everyone told him to rest some more.

So here they were in the classroom hovering over Nagito, worrying about his health, he reassured them that he's fine. Then Yukizome-sensei entered and they scrambled back to their seats. "Ah! It seems that everyone is here now! I'm glad Nagito-kun's okay now." she said smiling at them. Nagito looked around and raised his hand. "Ano sensei." he called. "You said everyone is here...But where is Kiku-kun?" he asked and everyone looked at him worriedly but at the same time also curious what happened to the brunette.

Yukizome-sensei's smile turned to a sad one as she gazed at the empty seat at the end. "Kiku-kun has....He won't be attending Hope's Peak Academy from now on..." she announced making them look at her with surprised expressions. "What do you mean sensei? Where did he go?" Ibuki asked standing up. "I don't know the reason myself, but the day after Nagito-kun got admitted to the infirmary he went to the principal's office to request that he will no longer attend the Academy and his reason's were that he had to take care of some family business back home." she answered.

"Something's not right." Hajime voiced out. "Yeah...Kiku suddenly started acting weird one day and now he left all of a sudden." Kazuichi said with his hand on his chin. "Tch, why would we care about that guy? He told us that he never cared about any of us." Fuyuhiko scoffed putting his feet up. "That is true..." Mahiru muttered. "Fuyuhiko-kun! Manners please." Yukizome-sensei scolded the gangster who clicked his tongue but sat up right. Nagito stayed quiet, he already knew somewhat ofthe events that happened when he was unconscious.

"B-but.." Mikan said nervously and flinched when all eyes went to her. "What is it?" Byakuya asked and she started stuttering. "T-that night he a-asked me to t-take care of N-Nagito-kun for him...." she said close to tears, Nagito's heart fluttered from that. "What? But why would he ask that if he broke up with Nagito-kun?" Ryota asked and everybody started talking all at once Hajime stayed silent thinking. "What if...What if something bad happened for Kiku-kun to act like he did?" Chiaki said. "Like he's being blackmailed?" Gundham thought out loud. And Hajime stood up making them all quiet. "There was a time I saw Kiku crying in the rooftop, it was after he started acting weird. He kept saying sorry over and over." he admitted.

Nagito stood up running from the classroom making the others look at him flabbergasted and the others started running after him. He wouldn't believe that Kiku would leave for no reason at all, he still thinks that the Artist that he loved was still there. Why would he ask him to live happily when they broke up? Why would he ask Mikan to take care of him after he left? All kinds of questions went through his head. He went to the dorms and barged in the brunette's former room. Now it's like no one ever lived there as it was bare from the Art materials that used to scatter the room, he opened the bathroom which was empty too, he started opening the cupboards,

"Nagito! What are you doing?" Fuyuhiko asked panting with the others behind him. The white haired male opened the empty closet. "He wouldn't just leave without a reason. There has to be something, some sort of clue." he stated and then looked under his bed and saw a long black case. He took it out and opened it to see the gun sword that was left. "What the..." Kazuichi said looking at the weapon. "Why would he have something like this?" Hajime asked observing it aswell. "Quick, let's look for other clues." he ordered and everyone started looking at every nook and cranny of the room.

Akane opened a drawer and froze. "Guys..." she called and everyone went to her. In the drawer was the letters that Kiku has been receiving, the picture with their crossed out faces were still there aswell. "Look at this." Byakuya said lifting a photo of a girl with long brown hair and golden eyes. "Isn't that Kiku-kun?.." Peko commented and they started reading the letters, fear filling there systems as they realized that Gundham was right, someone has been blackmailing Kiku to do stuff and is now nowhere to be seen.