One Shot [3]

(Thought of this at 2am, so tissues ready cuz it's angst. Medical terms or causes are not exact so forgive me)

Time, to be specific, is endless but life is not either. Everyone has to die at some point, nobody is immortal in life. This applies to a certain teacher in U.A.

"How long I have?"

 "Max?"

"Yeah". 

"6 months max, or less if you overused your quirk again".  Recovery Girl gave the news straight facts, no turning back to one of her frequent patient. Shouta Aizawa. 

It was said that after the USJ incident, he was having difficulty maintaining the duration, sometimes he could use for quite long enough, sometimes he couldn't, and he was never a fan of hospitals so he managed to convinced Recovery Girl to help him as much as she could and it was not good. 

He had some kind of sickness, tumor was present, that's why he had recent headaches, usually it would cause dry eyes but headaches was out of the ordinary. He guessed that when Nomu was crushing his head to the concrete, might have triggered it, he wasn't sure either, he could careless, he might as well died during the battlefield. 

"You're thinking out loud boy". 

"Hmm".

"So, how are you going to break the news to them? You know they really love you". Recovery Girl swings her cane as she was worried as well for Shouta, she treated her like her son as well. 

"I can't lie either, they're not that stupid. Thank you for everything". He got up and bowed as it was the last time he could do this for her. "Just update on the medical checks, and I hope you're okay Shou, we still need you here, your students, Zashi, others, especially Toshinori". 

Shouta couldn't deny, he felt his heart cracked, he was ready to die but knowing he would leave his friends and his love of his life behind, just broke him but in this case, he didn't know what to do anymore. 

He walked out of the office as he soon met those blue eyes that made him fell in love. "Shou! Are you alright? What did Recovery Girl said?"

Shouta looked down, he was holding the words he needed to say inside his throat, Toshi knew that look and it was not good. He said nothing as he wrapped his arms around the smaller man. They actually knew his health wasn't the same since USJ and they were more worried for him than anything. "Shou, promise me, if you need help, please tell me, or Zashi and Nemuri, please, I want to help you and I wasn't lying when I said I can't will never know how to live without you". 

Shouta sighed as he silently cried, he was not suppose to do this at school but he couldn't he was not sure anymore. 

Later

After announcing his time limit at the teacher's lounge, he already knew the reactions would be, especially Zashi, being all loud and he was already in tears, he was not ready for this, was never ready, he already lost one of his friends, knowing he was going to lose another and last, he was done for, 

Nemuri knew how heartbreaking it is to watch Zashi with tears running down his face, Principle Nezu lost his smile, Vlad was trying so hard not to punch through a wall or something, Cementos read his mind too. If it wasn't Nomu doing things to Shouta, he wouldn't be having this. 

The next few minutes, after the silence, Zashi cried on Shouta's shoulder, but he tried not to activate his quirk, or it will deafen the whole lounge. Shouta tried his best to comfort his longtime friend and Toshi tried to not join in the sadness, he wanted to cry along but h wants to be strong for Shou. 

Nemuri then gave him the tightest hug, knowing that she would be there until the end. Shou appreciate every thing the staff members gave him, moral support and all as he then walked to the class, he wanted Toshi to come with him to break the news for 1-A

Soon as he announced his early retirement, they immediately mumbled and asks more questions, in the end Toshi had to be the one who broke the news and it went silent for the at least 2 minutes, facial expression went from shock, disbelief, and mostly, sadness. They couldn't believe it, their homeroom teacher would leave them soon and they were still in their first year. Shouta walked out after thanking them, managing to give out one of the speeches and inspirational and Toshi slumped to the wall, he cried, he couldn't hold it back as Midoriya came in to cry along with him. 

Even then, it didn't stop Shouta from continuing his patrol at nights and spend every night knowing it would be his lasts, make every work counts, he thought his friends or even Toshi stop him from patrolling but they couldn't force him, it is Shouta's life, it's his choice of course. 

After patrolling, he would go back to the dorms took some glances around his students room, and lastly back to Toshi. Toshi smiled at him as he was invited with dinner, full meal, appreciating his work. Shouta sighed as he hugged his boyfriend, "Thank you for this". 

Toshi kissed his forehead, "anything for you, so, do you want the meal or you want me?"

Shouta groaned, "since when you're the desserts guy?". Toshi then pulled him back to their bedroom and night went on.

Months Later

It was a sudden miracle when Shouta kept up with his medical checks and therapy, improving other aspects than relying on his quirk all the time to avoid the maximum limit usage

Besides that, his students even set up a small party for Shouta and he couldn't say no even if he was not a fan. Everyone had fun, even Bakugou was not as angry as usual. 

Toshi sat beside him as he held his hand, "Look at you smiling at our kids". Shou turned his head, "What?"

"Our Kids, oh come on, they're basically are". toshi laughed as Shou tried to push him away, they had a little fun as they made jokes about the class but he admits, he haven't had this much fun in life, apparently with the right people, he would have it. 

Zashi was singing along, but volume was bearable, Nemuri, well, you know her, trying to outdrink the others, Nezu was there, sneaking adn popping around people. 

"Sunset is almost here". 

Shouta hummed in agreeing as the others started sitting besides him as they witness the sunset. Zashi immediately threw out those drones and took a picture of them all, what a family picture, because they were a family. He then pushing Shouta to take a picture, a cute one with Toshi, Toshi coughed out as he was embarrassed and still shy, how is that even possible. Shout leaned in closer as he then gave a kiss on the cheek and the pictures were taken when they had a kiss on the lips. 

Shouta leaned on Toshi as Toshi leaned along, he really love this man, he just wish that he be there until the end, everyone curled up together as they watched the lst remianing sunlight dropped by the horizon. 

Toshi nudged on Shou, "Shou, come on, let's go back".

.....no response

"Shou?"

....again, no response, it gave Toshi chills as he slowly held his hand, no..pulse. Oh no, no, no, no, no. He held Shou, laid him on his lap, he was so peaceful looking, as if the pain never affected him. Zashi came in, "Shou? Sleeeping already? Toshu? What's wrong?"

"He's not gonna wake up anymore Zash.....He's gone".

Zashi's eyes were wide as he dropped to his knees, he looked as Shouta, he gulped, he was speechless, he held Shou's hands, his bestfriend is gone now. He turned to the others, "Shouta Aizawa has passed ladies and gents". 

Everyone gasped in shock as they watched their sensei in a sleep state and grief . Toshi looked up the night stars, but knowing his tears uncontrollably flowing, but it does not mean that he was sad but he knew that there is some things to to remember by with him.