X: Change In Scenery Part-1

''So, you're telling me you messed up so bad that we have to relocate for, how long?''

"Not sure, cupcake. It wasn't exactly a mess up. It was more of a mark of territory. They shouldn't have fucked with you.''

Trevor let out an elongated sigh as he sat down on the old futon. You slowly sat down, feeling a bit of guilt weigh down on your shoulders. 

''I'm sorry about that.''

''You? Nah, sweetness, it's them that needs to apologize. Not like I would accept the apology in the first place. Besides, it'll be good for us!'' Trevor had gestured around himself as he stood up, leaving you to watch him for whatever he was going to do next. He seemed to always have that affect on people. 

''Good how?'' You slowly replied. 

''This here dry shit haven? Sure, I've come to love it. Away from the bustling city-folk and plastic scumbags. But back in North Yankton? Total different story.''

''You still haven't told me anything from when you used to live there-''

''Yeah yeah I'll get to that.'' Trevor interrupted and knelt down in front of you, placing one of his hands on your leg with a gentle smile. 

''I'll tell ya everything ya want to know while we're on the road tonight.''

''Leaving? So soon?'' 

''It's best for your safety. Not everyone who knocks on my door is friendly, Y/n.''

There was a small moment of silence as you weighed down your options. Nothing was keeping you here and not like any of your family would hold you back. You smiled, finally coming to your conclusion. 

''Well, let's get packing.''

---

The packing hadn't taken very long considering you had to lie low and pack only the essentials. 

''Alright Ron, I want you to tear down the TPI once we leave. Cut all contact with customers- all that bullshit.''

''But-!''

''Do it or I'll have your fucking head on a plate for lunch!'' Trevor bellowed before throwing the last of his belongings in the back of his dusty red Bodhi.

''C'mon Y/n! Let's get rollin'!''

You threw a small bag over your shoulder before leaving the now empty trailer and hopping into the vehicle. You set the bag in between your feet, feeling the car wriggle for a few moments as Trevor sat in the drivers seat, starting it up. 

''Ready sweetcheeks?'' His calloused hand gave your leg a pat, smiling slightly.

''Definitely.'' You replied, giving in a small smile. 

Before you even knew it, you were set off to the airport, in the skies and into a new chapter in your life. 

----

Well, this place is fucking cold. 

''Is it always snowing here?'' You asked, having looked out the rented (more like 'borrowed'  ̶s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶n̶) vehicle's window. 

''Sure seems like it. It starts snowing around mid October and doesn't really melt till the end of March. Fucking sucks but hey, could be worse.'' He chuckled while focusing on the road. 

''Guess you're right.'' You paused. You had never seen snow before. It was always hot, humid and sunny. The new weather really did make you feel like you were young again, so to speak. 

Trevor on the other hand had felt this old anger being dug up from his stomach. Old, fiery hatred. 

''I haven't been here since I figured out some hard truths.'' He said quietly. This caught your attention. 

''Truths?'' You said, having tried to rack your brain on what it could be. 

''Yeah. . . Yeah. It would have been a year now but Michael? That fat fuck you met? Faked his death on me for about a decade.'' You could see the grip on the steering wheel tighten. 

''That must've been quite a shock to you, figuring it out.'' You reached over and placed a hand on his. He slipped it into your hand as he drove and in the back of your mind you wondered how in the hell is hands were so warm. You could even feel the tense nature of his to melt away. 

''Mm, it was. I came here after an argument we had. I dug up his grave to see what was in it. Sure wasn't his fucking body, I can tell you that much. It was an old pal of ours named Brad, who I had originally thought was in prison. I even wrote letters that were only being replied by some government fucks.'' He explained. As he did, you could see it in his eyes that it hurt him. It hurt you even.

In that moment you could see that you past the graveyard, it having a bit of a higher security that you could only guess that it was from that situation you heard about. 

''You're going to be okay, right?'' You questioned him. You could sense that no one really had asked him that in a long while, possibly never. 

A small, genuine smile crept on his lips, seeing his eyes glisten from what could only be some tears escaping. 

''As long as I have you, Y/n, I'm as fine as I can be.'' He replied before placing a kiss to your knuckles. 

You didn't feel cold anymore. 

---

Okay so holy fuck hello! I'm happy to hear the responses from you guys loving this story! I originally began writing this chapter on August 4th, talk about procrastination lmao. I always bury myself in my stories so I'm all over the place with updating :,) hopefully trevor isn't too ooc in this. I'm trying to put in a bit more emotional depth in his character because ?? he HAS to be a softie in there somewhere and we're all dying to practically see that. also, North Yankton is basically Michigan (where your lovely author is from owo !!) and the weather is bonkers--

 okok anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update it soon. i love you guys!! <3