II: Imaginary Enemies.

Trevor found himself to stumble to his truck, nearly tripping over his feet as gravity was not in his favor. The bars manager waving their fist in anger as their yells were not reaching the drunken man. 

"fuckers... kickin' me out.." He stuttered as he grasped the handle, ripping the door open and plopping inside the truck before starting it up and taking off.

It was a normal night on the edges of Sandy Shores. Nearing midnight the streets were greeted with the various flickering lights and off road vehicles taking off into the mountains for their nightly rides.

As for Trevor he weaved through the L.S traffic, looking for a hole to score.

Though in his state, it was impossible. All the girls fled and one even said they would rather fuck a rusted sewage pipe than him.

"Well fuck you too! Both you and your vending machine of diseases!" He yelled over the blaring music that emitted from his radio. Trevor speeded off, giving up the pleasures he desired for the night.

An hour in of the silent drive he had on his own, he ended up in the lonely suburbs of L.S. His driving was slow and was cruising through the deadened streets. The music was off and all he could hear was the distant waters hitting the shores.

"Fuckin' hopeless piece of shit you really are." He mumbles, cursing at himself as the intersection light remained infinitely red.

It was quick. A loud thump hitting the side of his vehicle. His eyes widened through the haziness of his intoxication but a frame of a girl made him freeze nearly for a few seconds.

"What the-!?"

"I'm sorry! But- Could you please just get me outta here?" The girl was swift to make herself in the passenger seat and was desperate for an escape.

"Well- where we headin', sweetcheeks?"

"Anywhere but here. Hurry!"

"Alright alright ... Jesus."

Trevor stepped on the gas pedal, sending him and the new girl flying down the highways. It was straight from here on. Trevor remained focused on the road but was wondering what she was running from.

"Who's botherin' ya?" He asked, looking behind them, having seen nothing chasing after them,"Your name?"

"Y/n." She twitched, having kept looking behind her every few seconds,"These-These people keep harassing me and following me." She groaned and rested her head in her palms.

The man knew what the issue was with her. By the markings on her arms and the scabbing of her skin, it resembled his own. Paranoia. Twitchiness. Hollow eyes.

Meth head.

"Damn, get me the stuff you're getting offered. Must be a fuckin' doozy if you're this shitfaced off the goods!"

"It's-It's not like that! I swear there's- there's-!"

"Yeah yeah, there's angry people coming after you, in the corners of your room, in your bathroom. The toootal works."

Y/n was froze,"You see them too?"

"Yeah, when I'm too fucking high off the dust. Listen, cutie, ya gotta lay it off some." Trevor snickered as the lady beside him glared daggers.

"Look who's talking! It's not like I didn't notice your bulging veins and bruised forearms!" She yelled.

"That ain't the only thing that's bulgin', cupcake."

Y/n scoffed,"Piss off."

"You were asking for it."

There was a brief silence between the two. The car slowed down, knowing now that it was really a false alarm.

"Trevor."

"Huh?"

"My name? It's Trevor. Damn, you must be really off the rocks." He retorted, earning a small snicker from Y/n.

"Yeah and you must be up everybody's ass."

"Only every other day, baby. Besides, haven't had a taste of you yet." He grinned. Y/n hadn't replied, simply only crossing her arms. It left Trevor to smile to himself as there was finally life going on around him.

"It's nice to meet you." Trevor said, glancing over to the girl who looked over to him briefly.

"Yeah, you too."

And he swore he saw the faintest of drug laced smiles.

It made him smile, too.