37

*_*
Carla is sprawled on the ornate bed,careless of creasing her night gown. She expects Lax to argue. In truth she is counting on her to argue that this is real love, an undying love, and persuade her that she should follow her heart no matter the cost.
But Lax nods. "A fancy then,nothing more?"
"Oh." Carla says,surprised.
"Just think a little."Lax says gently. Her mouth so close to Carla that her breath stirs the tendril of Carla's hair. " We could be forever together. Nothing has to separate us unless we wish it."
"You'll be leaving after your exams. I'll be alone at school and I wish not to hold memories better to let you go too." Carla says, clinging to common sense with difficulty under this low-voiced torrent of persuasion.

*_*

Songs for the chapter:
I see Fire - Ed Sheeran
Lie to me - Sia

CARLA:
I rise by six in the morning to prepare breakfast for Lax before she goes away. I slowly entangle myself from her tight embrace, careful not to wake her. I take in her sleeping form rest, the braids of her hair disheveled, lips parted in soft snores like a well pampered cat and a bead a sweat dripping from her forehead as she tosses and turns to find a comfortable spot.

In the moment ,out of lust, my eyes glance over her deliciously parted lips as I loom over her to pat dry her temple with a corner of the duvet. Scenes from last night on where those very luscious lips had licked me dry creep in my mind and I shamefully blush.

I take a leap of faith that she won't wake and lean over her, locking my lips with hers, letting the warmth of her lips welcome mine. Her lips are soft and supple on mine and I drown in her mouth. Thirsting for more,I hungrily suck at her lower lip like a babe at the nipple of it's mother's breast.

Lax's sigh only serves to inflame my need. I feed on her full lips, drinking her essence like the greedy girl that I am. I slowly pull away and watch as she licks her lips and her eyes slowly open. My hand moves to her hair to soothe her gently and land a kiss on her temple, ignoring the throb between my legs that urges me to forget all else and sit on her face.

She mumbles something like a complaint under her breath and I let go of her. She drags the duvet over her head, successfully cocooning herself.

I wear my nightdress and tie a leso around my waist then walk to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

As I walk past the living room I notice that the the TV is on with Betty watching KTN News.

In Nyamira,some cult has gone into a barn and set it on fire, to free themselves from the flesh to join their god. I do not know how free they are, but the flesh is certainly well-done, judging from the pictures.

In Budalangi,a flood has drowned two hundred people, uncountable precious cows and washed away several villages.

In Nyeri, a jilted wife has chopped off her husband's loins after he was caught cheating and another man has murdered his children and wife then committed suicide, the reason remaining unknown.

In Nairobi,the University of Nairobi student demonstrators have attacked a police line and stolen their vehicle while setting the main campus ablaze. Nine of the demonstrators are being hospitalized at Kenyatta National Hospital while two others have died from the same cause.

Of the coast, KTN News has nothing to say.

Just as well there is no news of home, given how dreary it all seems. The world is a dangerous place, full of misery. All over it, people will be lamenting the loss of loved ones this day, family or friends taken by accidents or illnesses or murder. Life is full of woe and the news always bears it. I wonder why someone would be stuck in front of a screen watching Aljazeera or CNN when all there is to see is chaos and bombs. Never peace or launching of companies.