03

♥♥
He's a handsome strong guy who's been brought low by a silly emotion that has him in it's grip.
Love. An emotion alien to him,to his nature.
Worse,he has awfully messed up and hurt her -lost her. He hopes she doesn't succumb into a decline she may never upraise from.
She moves about like a shadowed vague ghost who never speaks and only answers tartly when spoken to. Meek. Isolated. Broken. Though she stays elegant - as immaculately toiletted and lovely as she has always been - her apparel hangs on her petite figure. Stooping,grieving from inexplicable betrayal.
She struggles out of a pit of despair into which he has so carelessly dumped her.
♥♥

Songs for the chapter:
i. Falls - Odesza ft Sasha Alex Sloan
ii. All Falls Down - Alan Walker
iii. Anything Can Happen - Ellie Goulding

♥♥
Miss Bella is not in class yet when I get in. Rhoda comes in a moment after me and sits beside me, in Tanu's place.  Her brother Joe runs in shortly after and finds a seat behind her sister. I am already offended.

"Rhoda I thought we had an understanding." I say rudely. "Keep your brother from me or we'll stop being friends."

"I didn't call him. Be kind." She says gently and turning to her brother, "what is it with you?"

"I do not care if the bloody if..." I start.

"Carla, shut up for a moment. Let us hear what he has to say."

"I'm in a terror of being seen by my girlfriend," Joe says by way of excuse. "She's been dancing in the music room. Now she's hot. She's all but ordered me to her bed tonight. If she sees me here she'll be wild."

"She's bound to have seen you. She misses nothing that girl." Rhoda offers.

"She should have been a spy. She would love to have been a spy specialising in formication."

I giggle. "Wouldn't take that much skill to track you." I point out. "You're always in your sister's shadow."

"It's the only place I can be myself."

"Not the whorehouse?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I don't go there anymore. I've lost my taste for it."

"Are you in love?" Rhoda asks cynically.

To my surprise Joe glances away and flushes. "Not I."

"What is it Joe?" I ask.

"Something and nothing. Something I cannot tell you and nothing I dare to do." He says precisely.

"Someone in school?" Rhoda demands, intrigued.

"If I tell you then you must swear to tell no one."

We nod, absolutely unwavering in our determination to know everything.

"More than that you won't even say anything to each other while I'm gone. I don't want your comments behind my back."