26

*_*
"Bestie, how long will it be before we get to bed,d'you think?" Carla murmurs to Mercy ,unaware that her friend has been watching her over the rim of the hurried cup of tea she takes.
Mercy has seen the sweet joy, the darting, exhilarated glow in Carla's eyes. She has noted the parted, smiling lips, drawn-in breath and the quick turning of pages as though the sooner the studying is done the sooner she will be released to run like the wind into the arms of her lover.

"Why?" Mercy says before she can stop herself. "Are you going somewhere?"

Carla turns quickly, then seeing the scorn in Mercy's eyes, lowers her own for a moment before she answers.
"You know I am." Her voice is soft.

"Don't go, Carla, please."

"I must,bestie,you know that. She will be expecting me."
*_*

Songs for the chapter:
Eastside - Khalid ft Halsey
I Would Like - Zara Larsson
No Strings - Kid Ink ft Starrah
Text Message - Chris Brown ft Kid Ink

CARLA:
I cannot sleep.
A dreadful wave of emotions washes over me followed by a pang of nausea. The moon casts an ominous light upon my skin as an invisible knot grows in the pit of my stomach. Why do I continue thinking about Lax?  How many times I have conjured up images of meeting her - of what I would say to her,of how her brown eyes would stir with a lovely longing for me, of her lips on my womanhood,her index finger unraveling an orgasm inside me...

I rise up from bed more than a dozen times in half an hour to look out of the window for any sign of her. It is by 1,three hours later that a stone lands on the glass of the window. I feel the pulses at my wrist and throat beat to the rhythm of my excited heart. She is here behind that door at last! I jump up,throw a shawl around my shoulders for it is bitterly cold and get ready to spring out to her arms.

"Here." A voice whispers and from a shadow beside the wooden door a hand touches my arm.  I almost scream then her soothing voice calms me.

"Ssh,ssh,it's me Carla. Good God you're shaking like an aspen tree. There's no need to be frightened now,I got you."

"Oh, Lax. I thought you wouldn't come. I waited for hours and now we must get away for I'm afraid someone will look out of a window and if we are caught we could get suspended or worse,sent away for good."

All the while I am speaking, my voice exploding from my nervous gasps, she is leading me behind the quiet dormitories to the one she sleeps in. My breath is raspy in my throat as we quietly slip into her cube.

"You know how I feel about you,don't you, Carla?" Lax says softly.

"No...I mean..." I swallow and my breath is rapid and shallow. My brain has ceased to function on any level beyond that which is aware that we are alone.

"God... I need you." Lax whispers urgently as she rips my thin silk nightgown. She proceeds to take off my lace panties and leaves me stark naked,lying back on her bed.

"Oh Carla....I only like my pussy shaved." She murmurs with her hand closing on my sex and her palm moving slowly over it as if to sooth my embarrassment. I should've shaved!

"You needn't worry now,my little love,I got you baby,I always got you." She murmurs and moved to grab two scarves under the duvet on the side of my legs.