29

*_*
Lax has known despair, loneliness and deep unhappiness for the heart that loves cannot be content when it is parted from the target of it's loving.
She knows she has to live on the crumbs of love which fall from Carla's table and she had accepted it long ago when she started this game of seduction with Carla.
Two weeks go by before she sees Carla again and her heart beats excitedly, ready to corner her prey and speak her mind for how could Carla dump her like she is nothing but a thoroughly chewed bone?
*_*

Songs for the chapter:
Young blood - 5 Seconds Of Summer
Send Me Away - Nasty C

LAX:
The sound of Carla's laughter graces my ears as her eyes glow in a joy so deep I feel my breath catch in my throat. She sees my glance and her eyes change at once from happiness to hostility.

She lifts her head imperiously,her shoulders squared and her manner says quite clearly that she has no time or inclination for me and should I not take myself off at once,I will feel the length of her tongue.

I smile but make no move towards her, instinct telling me I'd be better served if I keep some distance between us.

"May I walk a little way with you? Wherever it is you are going." I say gravely, knowing full well where it is she is headed to but pretending, beginning the game of seduction I know so well.

Her expression does not alter. It remains cool and  disdainful but her eyes study me carefully as though trying to make up her mind about something. Then she smiles, at least her mouth does, revealing white and even teeth with the middle two a little bit bigger than the rest and with a cream line across them, an imperfection I have come to fall in love with. Her cheek muscles twitch though her eyes have become the strangest of smoky black,without light or humor.

"Oh well if it isn't my long lost lover!"Carla smirks in the most dreadful parody of flirtation. "Please forgive my mindless chatter,I would be misguided to think you cornered me to clear the rumours I hear around. You're just looking for company from your new pet, aren't you?"

"New pet...company...d'you know what you're saying?" I feel amazement and amusement well up in me for if there is any female real and straightforward, it is this one.

"You know what I mean,"she says, lifting her head boldly and staring at me as though defying me to challenge her, "and if you don't,I can show you."  She unbuttons her white shirt,parts it at the front revealing a silk white top. She draws in her breath,raising her tiny breasts so that her nipples thrust against the silk top. She tosses back her head and bares her teeth again in a mask of smiling painful seduction.

"Don't do that." The cry is involuntary and I am astounded that it comes from me. Why do I care when all I've wanted from her was "company" anyway? But a strange emotion stirs inside me and maybe she deserves to know before she chooses to ignore me for eternity.

"Carla...it isn't as easy as it started. My fault,I know, for I'm I not the one who promised no strings? But aye,my little love, I feel my heart bound strongly to yours in cords that cannot be broken for believe me,I have tried to fight it...but have failed miserably...and..."

"Quit the Shakespeare act,it would never work on me. What do you mean to say?" She cuts me off,lifting her head even higher, her eyes glowing  with pride.

"I am in love with..." I stutter.

"Me?" She lifts a sardonic eyebrow.

"Yes." The answer is more of a question than a statement and I watch her eyes stir to life with the corners of her mouth,which has the fullness and softness of a ripe peach,turned up in the most fascinating way.

"That's nothing to do with me and I definitely have nothing to tell you. Now I must go." Her voice has become harsh and her face as cold and unyielding as granite. She seems about to crack and splinter like an iceberg in her rage. The kind look and childlike fragility which I have always found so...so appealing vanishes with the speed of behind a storm cloud. Her full lips thin into an ugly thin line and her eyes become two black stones, flat and without expression.

"Dear God,what have I said wrong this time? I swear you're the most awkward female I have ever come across. I make you feel home when you first join this school, I've been your very close friend despite you pretending to not want me,I have given you satisfying orgasms and when I confess my love for you in such a civil way,you act as though I have made some insulting remark!"

"I'm sorry...really..." The flinty look slowly leaves her eyes and the grey tight-lipped line fades from about her mouth. Something stirs inside her eyes, a sweetness which shows on the soft droop of her mouth,the defenceless fragility of her slender body and the slow fall and rise of her childlike lashes. She edges her way closer to me and my hand locks with hers in an uncertain gentle grip.