32

*_*
She looks quite stunning as she moves gracefully by Lax's side into the restaurant of the Masters Club. She wears a gown of gold fabric,the tremendous long trail of the skirt drifting about her like a sun-streaked cloud,the neck so low cut it clearly shows the tops of her lovely breasts. A pearl scattered gold velvet ribbon is tied intricately around her neck.
She trails a shawl of sheer, gold colored lace behind her like an Indian bride and Lax smiles, most gratified to see every head in the room turn to stare.
*_*

Songs for the chapter:
Girlie Oh - Patoranking ft Tiwa Savage
Falling - Alesso
Stay High - Tove Lo
Falling To Pieces - Sia
(What are your favourite club bangers? Comment below! and remember to vote.)

CARLA:
"She's here with her lover.Did I not tell you," Lax murmurs as a waiter hurries across to bow us to our table, "they are asking each other who the devil is that beauty with Lax,envying me, of course, so smile at me, my darling, and perhaps move a little closer as though you really cannot bear to be more than a whisper away from me. There, is that not splendid? They think you're some great society beauty being wicked with her lover and by now she knows I have done it again!"

"Done what again,Lax?" I ask as I obediently do as I am told, gazing up into her face with evident adoration, though my eyes are bright with mischief for really she is like a small girl who has the best doll on the playground and is this how she feels about me? I wonder.

Suddenly I realise what she has done and I laugh out loud, turning the two heads towards me again and I know it must seem to Lax's ex girlfriend and her lover that not only is Lax's companion beautiful but she is highly amused at something into the bargain.

"That's why you insisted on coming here and me dressing up in the best gown I own. You knew they'd be here! What a wicked witch you are!" I smile up at her,my arm tightly tucked under hers as we cross the dancing floor,reaching for the flight of stairs to the quiet private dining tables upstairs.

"Yes and you're so bewitching in that gown,my sweet. Your bonus mother definitely has great taste. Look how it's color is putting glints in your eyes making them shine like golden stars!" Lax chuckles,the aroma of good cigars and good brandy drifting about her,enveloping me in what I will always recognise, though I might not admit it, as her possessive, feminine strength.

I gulp rather nervously and move even closer to Lax as an already drunk couple bombards past us. Their bloodshot eyes and awkward grins make me feel nauseous and I am about to turn around when Lax holds my arm tightly.

"Come on,screw the anxiety my pet. I am here,you needn't fear.I promised your uncle I'd bring you back home without injury and that is what I intend to do." She leans down so that her lips are only inches from my ear and her minty breath fans my skin making a shiver burst through my body.

I nod and follow her through the dancefloor. We weave through the drunk loud crowd. It is so congested here I'm afraid I might suffocate. It reeks of the stench of beer and something too vile to name. I hold my nose up in a fruitless attempt to breath fresh air and I end up sniffing a man's sweaty armpit.

"Kinky!" The man winks and I battle to keep at bay the vomit forming at the pit my stomach. How disgusting! I cannot stand parties or crowded places so why Lax thinks I'll manage to keep my cool at a damned club,I have no idea.

"Your table,miss and...miss,or sir,is it?" The waiter says awkwardly when we reach upstairs and I laugh again,wholeheartedly,at how he doesn't know how to address us.