24

*_*
"Je te deteste! So you think you've bested  everybody because of one prize?  Bratty Bitch!" An oval-faced girl with a pretty button nose snorts. She twirls her hair in her fingers,tossing her head and fluttering her eyelashes as if she is a countryman's prized mare.
Before Carla can retort,the impertinent girl sashays away,her legs swaying as if about to give way beneath her generous weight.
Carla ignores it, choosing to dwell in her glory :3rd Best In English and 2nd Best In French (Language Contest - County Level).
She is walking hurriedly to class when her gaze locks with a pair of brown eyes and it takes a great deal of effort not to smile at them.
*_*

Songs for the chapter:
Levels - Avicii
Rewrite The Stars- Zac Effron ft Zendaya
Waterfall - Pink ft Sia
Dumebi - Rema

LUCKY:
"Would you look at yourself trying to appear as if seeing me means nothing to you? What a cute little fraud you are,Carla." I smile at smoky eyes beauty who purses her lips in a tight scowl.

"You're blocking my path." She rolls her eyes to the left,her chin in the air,her head held up high.

"Nonsense. You are like a faithful terrier whose mistress has been away and has now returned. If you had a tail you would be wagging it now."

"Don't be silly, Lucky. Now get on with it,what is it you want...? Well,apart from your usual... teasing."

"Oh...forgive me but my sole purpose to seek you  quite slipped my mind when I saw you. How very remiss of me. I meant to congratulate you."

"So will you do it then or should I just go?" Her arrogance fills the air.

"It's 6pm. What's the rush for?"

"Tuition. French class. Still,none of your concern."

"Quit this act,will you? We clearly need to have a conversation and you keep avoiding me. I am attracted you,with a feeling deeper than a friend feels...

"And how is that my concern?"

"Because it is you who stirs this great devotion in my breast. I long to have you folded in my arms, warm and wet in my bed, tied to the bedposts and moaning like a bitch on heat should."

"That's no respectable way to speak to a lady!" She shrieks.

Oh Carla and drama!
(Face palms)

"Your stubbornness will be your undoing,Carla!" I lift my head,breathing deeply, harshly and Carla takes a step backwards, preparing to dart away from me,to run with the speed of a hare down the empty hallway to her French class.

It is in her eyes and I see it. My hand shoots out and grasps her wrist,pulling her to me and twisting it behind with a strength and cruelty which snaps the bone cleanly at the wrist. The agony of it tears a scream from her and I take my chance to make her submit to me.

"Now I shall have the truth. And don't look at me like that,my girl." My voice is edgy and I move to cut off her way of escape though she makes no attempt to go. I still hold her wrist tightly,making her eyes become glossy,holding back her tears from the sharp pain she feels.

The wind about us turns cold somehow,lapping against her face like the winter waves of a river. It holds Carla and I in a circle of deathly chill and I can feel the blood in her veins become sluggish and her heart stilled.

She is afraid now.

"Oh stop it,Lax. You're hurting me!" She speaks at last. Her figure casts a long shadow stretching to the corner of the darkening hallway for it is evening and the sun is vanishing beyond the rooftop.

"So now you will use my nickname too!" I let the words hang for a moment. "That escalated quickly,didn't it? Carla,have you no feeling for me at all? Not even a desire to snatch a kiss?"

"It is wrong, Lax, and quite foolish. I would be glad if we could end it once and for all." I hear her murmur as she springs from my tight grip and loosens her wrist before I can stop her. She twists it again and the bone snaps back into it's rightful place.

This time the rage she has kept firmly tamed erupts from her in a great black snarling surge which threatens to unleash the foul language she has come to know since she joined Matuga Girls' High School. Her smoky eyes darken to a striking black and glow in anger.

She lifts both her hands and springs at me. Swift as a black panther,I have my arms about her though she struggles madly to bite my cheek and kick me wherever she can.

"Stop it, for God's sake. Stop it before someone hears you!" I try to silence her,dragging her forcibly to an empty classroom and the door bangs closed behind us.

"What the hell do I care,you swine. Let go of me. Let go of me or I'll tear your cheek to the bone. What the devil do you mean snapping my wrist and holding me hostage to your perverted demands. Do I look like a whore to you?"

"Feisty and Kinky." I tease her.

"Damn you to hell! Put me down or I swear at the first chance I get I'll kill you." She yells,her words becoming more and more vulgar.

"You'll report me to your Monsieur, you mean." I smile at her, "Hell's teeth, Carla. You're so feisty... and where did you learn such words,my girl."

She is perched in my arms,high against my chest now, our faces no more than two inches apart and glaring at one another like two prizefighters.

"Will you promise not to strike me if I put you down?"  I ask her,my voice suddenly husky,laced with lust.

"I promise if you promise not to..."

"What?"

"Well..." Carla's hands have gone to my shoulders without her knowing how they got there. She sighs. I make no attempt to set her on her feet and the silence between us is heavy, burdened by the weight of the unexpected warmth between us.

"Lax...I have no intention of rejecting this but..."

"But what,sweetie?" My eyes wander to her mouth which parts,her tongue moving between her lips to moisten them in a way that fascinates me.

I put her down,turning her gently to face me. My hands cup her face, warm and soft and infinitely welcome and just then, we hear the door creak open.

The shadow of a slender silhouette is cast in front of us. I hastily move away from her as the shadow moves towards us. It's quiet footsteps catches up with us.

"Who the bloody hell are you and what are you doing to her?" the voice says in my ear,alarming my already jangling nerves,and a hand falls heavily on my shoulders, but the splendour of mg new found love and my need for Carla makes me strong and fearless,impatient of any fool who tries to interfere with my quest to conquer Carla's heart.

"Hell's teeth! Off me this minute! Whatever I am doing to her,is none of your bloody business. Bugger off." I answer haughtily, lifting my verminous head even higher.

I turn fast,ready to hit the intruder when Carla,laughing yells,"it's Mercy,my bestie. Let her be."