27

*_*
They make no plans, no prior arrangements when to meet, or rather Lax doesn't but during these cold nights and sunny days,she still manages to snatch a moment or two to be with Carla each week.
Never by deliberate intention,or so she would have Carla think,catching her perhaps between her dorm and the dining hall and once,dangerous but immensely exciting to Lax,on the path to the hockey field,right behind the teachers' lounge.
*_*

Songs for the chapter:
No Respect -Nasty C
Let Me Live -Rudimental,Major Lazer,Anne Marie
A Different Way - DJ Snake.

CARLA:
My heart plunges like a nervous colt at the sight of her. I am ready to bolt into the teacher's lounge and ask a question, in pretence of seeking guidance, from any teacher. I turn towards the door then suddenly remember we are not allowed in if we are in sportswear and I freeze,my feet rooted to the ground. I should stop playing hockey for how can I avoid her when she's the captain?

"Carla,what luck," Lax says softly,her eyes filled with mischief and her teeth gleaming in a delighted smile. 

She grabs my hand and pulls me away with her and we round a corner,to the side of the building. She winks wickedly,ready to sweep me into her arms and kiss my panic stricken face to smiles. She is, of course, enchanted with my apprehension, the way I look about me as if searching for a bolt hole down which to bolt.

"It's alright, everyone is about their business, we'll hardly be noticed." She whispers, coming to a stop before me,and when I try to dart around her,she steps to the side to prevent me. Her hand cups my breast and I moan half with delight, half with terror.

"Where has that girl got to? I could swear I saw her just a moment ago. Hey Lorna,take this pile to Mrs Omar's office and tell Carly to come at once..."

"Oh Lax,you need to let me go. Can't you hear Mr Juma looking for me? He's only just a metre away. If he should take it in his head to turn this corner..."my voice is a harsh urgent whisper deep in my throat.

"Carla...just let me..."

"Oh please,Lax...let me go..." I whisper back, affected by the proximity of her lips to mine. I feel my mind become effervescent like champagne, bubbling up unthinkably as flashes of her lips on my lady parts clouds it.

"Come with." She smiles,one hand on my left breast, the other pointing to the store room where she first had me.

"Please,Lax..." I am desperate in my effort to push away her demanding fingers which are undoing the buttons on my shirt as fast as I am doing them up. My hands tremble,not only with terror but with desire as strong as hers.

"Carla stop that,will you? I ache for you..."

"Lucky Mambo! For God's sake,stand aside."

"You have a temper then,Carla. Always before you have been so demure with your soft smoky eyes cast down,yes sometimes proud but now I can see you have kept your true spirit hidden. I do admire spirit in a girl tiny as you,Carla," but she smiles and stands aside and I quickly find my way back the dorm, to catch a nap for I can't stand her training me today and her teasing annoys me to the bone. Oh and Mr Juma can choose another girl to ran his errands,for once!

. . .

I quickly change into my weekend dress and join Zahra,my bedmate on her bed,the top of our double decker. I smile my exquisite smile, ready to hear whatever drama she has going on for God knows her life is a soap opera! My smile dies on my lips when I notice the scorn on her face.