"Uhm... that's not in my job description, we have staff that are paid to do that, besides, the people from YSG-"

"Tilewa, what is your problem? You're always so stubborn! I told you already, you're my good luck charm, now please go and specially usher the YSG executives up to the board room so that we can finally seal this deal and add them to our client list!"
Sinclair's tone made it obvious that her assistant was not going to be able to argue her way out of her assignment, so said assistant meekly pressed her lips together in a sign of disapproval before going ahead to perform her designated task.

***

"Thanks for coming bro," Alex said, hugging his longtime friend.

"Anything for you my guy. So when is the meeting?"

"In a couple of minutes. I just wanted you to come to hear the creative team's pitch with me. I'm not too sure about them and I cannot be pumping the amount they are billing without getting the full worth of my money."

"I understand you, bro. With the way things are going in this country one, cannot make unfruitful commitments."

"Exactly, the Creative Director is smart and quite young, but I don't know," Alex dragged the last word with a sceptical tone to his voice.

"Don't worry bro, I'm here for you."

"Thanks, man," Alex said clapping his friend on his back.

"Good afternoon Mr Braimah," a foreign voice said from behind causing both men to turn simultaneously.

Ekene sucked his breath as he saw his mystery woman, looking so much like a snack and dressed to kill. She approached them and he could only watch as she greeted his friend.

"This is my friend, Ekene Okafor, he's going to be with me at the meeting," Alex said, gesturing to him after shaking her hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr Okafor." She extended her hand to Ekene then and he took it, his gaze unwavering as she stared up at him. The look on her face bore no recognition. If she recognised him, she did not give any indicators to show that she did.

"Gentlemen please come with me," she said spinning on her heel and ushering them into the board room.

"Guyyy," Ekene tapped his friend as soon as the lady walked ahead of them. Alex looked up at him in response.

"Shey you remember the babe wey I tell you say I meet for bar the other day? The one wey I tell you say she run comot for my house for night?"

Alex laughed at the memory.

"Shebi you talk say, you no fit smash anybody after her? Wetin happen?"

"Guy, na she be that."

"What?" Alex asked taking off his glasses.

"Guy, I swear na she be that."

"Wait o, this same babe?"

"I fit use my mama swear, na she!"

"Na wa o, small world."

"Like, I've not been able to just have a one-night stand in peace since I met her."

Alex laughed. "Na so she use jazz hold your konji reach?"

Ekene laughed at his inference. "Bro, it's not that. Like, I just connected with her on this whole other level you know and, I don't know... I guess I've been looking for that connection ever since and... she just turned me on in a different way I guess."