Selfish

C H A P T E R  34

•••

"You know all of my secrets, you know all of my weaknesses. I can't give that to no one else..."

"Tell Power it ain't over bitch!" The driver yells before he takes out a pistol, letting a round off, each bullet hitting her in her stomach.

Mika falls to her knees, blood gushing from her abdomen. Her body felt ablaze, an excruciating pain slowly killing her.

Falling to her side, she takes her last breath, tears rolling down her cheeks as her lids slowly start to close.

She hears their desperate screams. "NOOO! MAHIKA!"

"Mahika! Wake up please!

"Mahika!"

"Mahika!"

"Mahika!"

Mika jumps up, letting out a frantic scream as tears roll down her face.

Looking around, embarrassment seeps in as the entire class had their eyes on her.

"Ms.Jorja. Do you need to be excused?" Her teacher asks concerned.

Chuckles sound throughout the class room. Mahika sucks in a deep breath, hurriedly gathering her books as she dashes out of her class.

Stopping in the middle of the hall, she leans against the wall as she attempts to catch her breath.

"It's okay, it's okay it's o-...." feeling more tears well up in her eyes, she tries to control her breathing.

The BBQ was three days ago and Mahika grew paranoid, having to watch her surroundings, terrified those masked men were going to track her down and kill her this time.

Achilles has been trying to get ahold of her , but Mahika has been steering clear of keeping contact with him.

Messing with a ruthless, millionaire DrugLord who has enemies coming out of each corner, would target Mika, using her as bait.

After being able to get permission, Mahika was exiting out the university doors, stepping onto campus and shivering lightly at the cold air.

Her phone buzzes, a text from Achilles.

Achilles🖤💉: Them niggas know where you stay.

xxx

Mika hastily got out her car, slamming her door shut as she ran up to her apartment.

Outside, stood Achilles and Mason in the hallway. Her front door was wide open with the handle broken off.

"What happened?" She asked timidly, she had a throbbing headache and was hoping to take a well needed sleep in her bed.

"I was coming by, that's until some ole lady down the hall told me she saw two masked niggas breaking open your door. She ain't call the cops yet but I tell her not to." Achilles explained whilst leaning against the wall.