Kryptonite

C H A P T E R 22

•••

"Always be mine, sing it to the world, always be my boy, I'll always be your girl..."

Mahika found herself back in the same dusty warehouse, but this time tears streamed down her face as she stood in front of her mother.

She was chained up like an animal, her body bruised as she slipped in and out of consciousness.

"I can't do it..." she croaked, looking around at all the people watching, including Jermain, Mason and Larren. But they never looked her way or responded, as if they weren't even here.

Mahika tried to step back, but bumped into a hard chest. Turning around she looked up at Achilles whose grey eyes pierced into hers.

"Where you goin' baby?" He asked, gripping her waist.

Mika snuffed. " she's my mother Chilles, let her go... please." She begged.

Chuckling, Achilles bent lower to her face. " you love me?"

"Yes..." she answered without hesitation.

"Then do this my queen... my island beauty. Do it for me... do it for us." He pecked her lips, slipping a cold metal object in her hand. " you don't need no-one else but me."

The gun in her hand burnt her skin as more tears rolled down her cheeks. Achilles forcefully turned her around, guiding her hand holding the gun to place the bud to Marilyn's forehead.

"Pull the trigger Mahika..."

"I can't..." she cried.

"Pull the fucking trigger," Achilles grits out. "Do it! Pull the trigger!"

"I can't!" Mahika's eyes snapped open, she looked around seeing everybody's eyes on her suspiciously before they turned back to eating their food.

"Damn, you cool?" Omar, who sat beside her in the booth asked.

"Uhm... y-yes..."

"Girl you sure?" Sasha asked from across her. " you spaced out..."

Looking down at her food, Mahika suddenly lost her appetite. Ever since Marilyn disowned her, Mika has been having these detailed nightmares of her killing her mother.

Was it a sign? She hoped not, Mahika was trying to stay positive. Her birthday was in less than a week and her and Achilles were traveling to Paris soon.

Speaking of... her phone buzzed with a message from him.

My King ❤️: Almost there

"I gotta go guys, Power's almost here..."

Omar stiffened next to Mahika whilst Sasha grew excited.

"Can I walk you out?" She asked, trying to hide her cheesy smile.

"I need to go to the bathroom quick...you can wait outside and tell him I'll be out soon."