On my way

C H A P T E R  26

•••

"Been too long without you, where you at?"

Marilyn stood in the police station as she tried not to blow a damn fuse with the nonchalant officer.

"You can't stop looking!"

"Ma'am, please,it's been nearly two weeks. We've been all over town, asked everybody who were at the concert and got nothing. It's time to pronounce her de-."

"No! My daughter is not dead! She's suffering, I-I know she is! Please... she's only eighteen." Marilyn sobbed, she already lost one daughter, to lose another would completely break her.

She's been up every night, waiting for Mahika to walk through her door in one piece and for all of this to be a dream.

"We'll do our best ma'am..."

Meanwhile Achilles was taking a different approach. Fuck the police was his mindset. If niggas wanted to be pussy and have to kidnap his girl to get to him he was going to show them who the fuck he really was.

Achilles would admit being with Mahika set him back a little, they forgot who Power was. King of Detroit. Wealthy, ruthless, cold hearted. Time to take back his throne.

"This da place?" He asked Larren as they sat in his midnight black car to go unseen.

"Yeah, home of Deanna Smith, Omar's mother and his little sister Maria."

"Camera's?"

"Nah..."

"Alarms, any of that shit?"

"Nothing but a French pit bull who stays inside."

Nodding, Achilles placed the laced blunt between his lips , inhaling and exhaling the toxic smoke.

He scoped out the house for a minute, the front door opened letting light peak into the dark. A Hispanic women in a gown came out with a trash bag, placing it outside,she went back inside, letting Achilles hear the barking of a dog before she closed the door.

"When Mason and Main rolling in?"

Larren looked down at his watch. "Should be right about now..."

On cue headlights flashed down the road before a sleek black Range Rover pulled on the side of Achilles' Lamborghini.

The tinted window rolled down revealing Mason who leaned out the car to dap his cousin, whilst Jermain sat in the driver's side.

"This his mama's crib?"

"Yeah, ain't no time to waste, the nigga gon' be home in an hour, strap up and let's go." Achilles instructed. Reaching under his seat, his fingers grazed the cold metal of his gun before he grabbed it tightly in his hands.

Once they all strapped up, the four of them hopped out, dressed in black attire head to toe with black leather gloves covering their hands.

"Mason and Larren take the front, Jermain follow me to the back." Achilles instructed before they all went their separate ways.

Rounding the house, Achilles stepped into the back yard with Main close behind. A picnic table and baby pool occupied the trimmed grass.

Stepping onto the porch, Achilles remembered the detailed description Larren gave of the house.

Aiming his gun at the rusted door knob, Achilles pulled the trigger, shooting the door knob completely off before pushing the door open.

Instantly he heard a growling noise followed by scratching on the floor. Around the corner the French pitbull ran towards them, latching it's teeth on Achilles ankle.