Set up

C H A P T E R  24

•••

"You can never predict your friends turning on you..."

Mahika looked around, the room she was in was infinite, no other colour but white surrounded her.

Where am I? She thought, the silence spoke volumes as she looked around.

"Achilles!" She yelled only to receive an continuous echo back.

Looking down at her attire, she was in a short and a tank top.

Deciding to search for someone, Mahika started walking around, feeling for a door, or better yet...a wall. But the room was beyond large and she was getting a headache.

"Mahika you made it?"

Stopping at the familiar voice,Mahika turned around, tears instantly clouding her vision when seeing her sister dressed beautifully in a white flowing dress.

"Miandra!" Running around full speed towards her, Mika cried harder when she crashed into her sisters arms. "I missed you so much Mia."

"I missed you too Mickey." Mia smiled, using her childhood nickname.

"Where am I?" Mika sniffed, looking up at Miandra.

"Don't you know? You're in heaven, I've been waiting for you baby sis,Mama and daddy, are here too."

Mahika shook her head as she took a step back. "Heaven? H-How did I get here?"

Miandra frowned, as if dissapointed she didn't know the answer. "Isn't it obvious, he killed you." She says before everything turned dark.

Jumping up in her sleep, Mahika's chest heaved up and down as she looked around the dark room.

Swallowing hard, she wiped the beads of sweat from her face before she jumped feeling arms tighten around her waist.

"Baby, come back to sleep..." Achilles mumbled in his sleep.

Inhaling a deep breath, Mahika laid back down, before Achilles tucked his face into her neck and grabbed her leg to drape over his hip. A weird position he found comfort in when sleeping.

Feeling her tense body, he kissed her neck before asking. "You good? Nightmare?"

This wouldn't be the first...

"Y-Yeah, but i don't want to talk about it."

Nodding, Achilles got comfortable before falling back asleep.

Forcing her eyes closed, Mahika fell asleep with heavy thoughts on her mind.

What did the dream mean?

And who was "he" that Miandra spoke of?

xxx

"Francesca wants me there Achilles and you not even trying to go with me?" Mahika rolled her eyes as she scooped some cereal into her mouth while texting on her phone.

There were numerous missed calls and texts from her mother , but Mika was too upset to answer. Marilyn was making sure her daughter was okay aswell as telling her that her Uncle.Marcel was in town visiting with his wife, Uncle.Marcel was her father's twin brother.

But what she trying to convince Achilles on joining was Fran's daughter, Kiana's, ballet concert and of course she was attending. But she wanted her boyfriend there aswell.