Love Issues

C H A P T E R 31

•••

"Although my heart can take no more, I keep on running back to you..."

The sun brightly shined through the wall sized window, causing her eyes to flutter open slowly.

Looking around, a small smile spread across Mahika's face.

She couldn't remember the last time she was here.

The beach house Achilles owned held special memories. This was where he first took her when they met, and where they shared their first kiss.

Rolling over on her stomach, Mika groaned into the pillow. Her body was aching from the endless hours of skin to skin with Achilles, after the second run she was ready to tap out, but Achilles wanted to make up for those 6 months.

With Achilles side of the bed cold, she slowly sat up. Wrapping the white sheet around her body Mika let a yawn before deciding to get out of bed.

Picking up his shirt from the floor, she slipped it on her body before limping to the bathroom.

After brushing her teeth and washing her face, Mika sauntered downstairs on a search for Achilles.

The air smelt of a familiar herb, leading Mika to the porch where Achilles sat, smoking while staring out at the crashing waves.

She leaned against the glass door frame, watching as his back muscles flexed. He seemed to be in deep though about something.

"I know you watching me,c'mere..."

Twisting her lips to the side, she stepped onto the porch and went to stand beside Achilles.

He took one last pull of the blunt before looking up into her eyes.

His orbs were blood shot red, the veins in his eyes bulging as his lids laid low.

He was past faded.

"A lil' early to be getting high."

Achilles caught the double meaning in her sentence and chuckled. Mahika never forgot when the bottle of Percocet's fell out his pocket.

"Neva' too early to get a lil' faded... Why you just standing there?"Achilles reaches out to pull her on his lap, but Mika stepped back making his eyebrows furrow.

"I gotta get to class."

"Now?"

"Yeah..."

Achilles chuckled, licking his lips slowly. "Damn you just gon' leave after last night?"

"What about last night Power? It was just sex..."

"So we back to calling me Power?" He chuckled bitterly. " And it couldn't have been just sex when you confessing your love for a nigga..."

"Caught up in the moment..." Mahika shrugged, going to walk away only for Achilles to roughly grab her wrist.

"There you go fucking walking away from me." He grits.