Voices

C H A P T E R 11

•••

"The voices in my head say clap your hands, the voices in my head say kill..."

"Did they mention a name?" Achilles asked as he smoked on a cigarette, Mahika had fallen back asleep upstairs so he invited his boys over to discuss the problem at the moment.

Larren cleared his throat." The nigga called the girl Mia..."

Achilles froze, his eyes squinting in confusion, the only Mia he knew was Mahika's sister...

"Fuck nah." He gritted at the realisation that Mia was stealing from him and working with Ace. Achilles just couldn't figure out why." It's Mahika's sister...that bitch."

"What?" Jermain popped his head up.

"Mahika's sister? Yo' you sure it ain't another Mia, it's a common name." Mason tried to reason.

"Chyna said she bit the girl on the arm, only one way we gon' find out if this shit true." Larren spoke up.

The clogs were turning in Achilles head." Mason take Mahika home, Larren find Mia's location...Imma kill her."

Mahika sighed as she walked down the hall towards the apartment, Mason had just dropped her off and uttered not one word when she asked about why Achilles was acting so weird.

He was walking around in a daze, his eyes blank, when she tried to speak to him he didn't acknowledge her presence and this behaviour reminded her of the night he picked her up from the strip club and was acting so unsouciant towards her.

Entering the apartment, she could barely inhale a breath before Marilyn was in her personal space, tears on the brink of falling down her face.

"Mahika! Where have you-Oh my gosh baby!"

"Mama what's wrong?" She asked in concern, grabbing her mother's shoulders and trying to calm her down.

Marilyn could barely control her breathing, receiving the news just thirty minutes ago has her on the edge of a heart attack.

"Mama!"

"It's Miandra! She's in the hospital, someone broke into her house and beat her nearly to death Mahika!"

×××

The waiting area was full of tension as Quincy, Mahika, Marilyn and Darnell stood outside Mia's room, anticipating what her doctor had to say concerning her injuries.

Mika couldn't fathom who would break into her house and beat her with the leg of her dressing table before smashing her mirror onto her face and leaving her to die. It wasn't just some random break in, who ever conflicted these injuries on her sister did it out of anger.

"Family of Miandra Jorja."

Hearing the voice of Mia's doctor, Dr.Lopez, they all became alert as they stood to their feet.

"Is she okay?" Quincy asked nervously, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

Dr.Lopez smiled lightly, looking down at his clipboard." We just stabilised her now and gave her medication for the tremendous pain she's feeling. Her skull was crushed in and her ribs are fractured as well as her ankle being broken. One of her eye sockets have been burst due to a forceful impact which resulted in a blood clot forming. I'm going to be honest, when she arrived to the hospital she was on the brink of death..."