Council of Lord Elrond

Rhiannon's POV

Rhiannon's POV

Before Lilo and I left our realm I hid my wings and her horn. Though people could still feel them. Only true believers in fairy magic can see them. It took me three days to reach Rivendell and I dismount Lilo as an ellon (Male elf) approaches. "Excuse me my lady, I am Lindir. What is your name and your business here?" he asks me.

"I am Rhiannon daughter of Kristoff and Marianne, I am here on behalf of my father. To attend the Council of Lord Elrond" I state.

"They are up there in the courtyard, I'd hurry it has already began" he tells me. "I shall tend to her" he says smiling at Lilo. I thank him and fly there. I land and walk towards the council meeting.

"Sorry I am late my lords" I state. "I pray I have not missed anything important" I say.

"How dare you enter the council of men" a Gondorian says.

"What is your name dear?" the grey wizard asks.

"Princess Rhiannon of the enchanted forest" I state curtsying.

"There is no such place" the man of Gondor states.

"Relax Boromir, I have been expecting her" Lord Elrond states. "Though I thought your father would be joining us" he says looking at me.

"He would of, but we the growing darkness he remained to strengthen our defenses. So I am here to represent my people and the merpeople" I state.

"Mermaids are not but fairy stories" the dwarf states.

"Enough, we must continue on with the meeting" Elrond states. "Please pull up a seat my dear" he tells me. I wave my hand and a chair appears. I sit down. "Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate — this one doom" he tells us.

"Bring forth the Ring, Frodo" he instructs gesturing to a pedestal. Frodo rises and lays the Ring on the pedestal. Before returning to his seat beside Gandalf.

The members of the Council stare at the Ring, mesmerized by it. It appears to start whispering to each of them in turn. I feel a foreign force trying to enter my mind and block it. Boromir stands to address the council. "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. But in the West a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand.' Isildur's Bane is found" he explains.

That's true, it did lead to his death. Boromir reaches out towards the Ring. Gandalf and Elrond exchange concerned looks. "Boromir" Elrond says firmly.

Gandalf stands and begins to chant in the Black Speech. The ring echoes the harsh words. "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul". Thunder crackles as the sky darkens. The Council stare around them in fear and confusion.