Freeing a King

Rhiannon's POV

I'm sun bathing on a branch on one of the tallest trees in the forest. While Gandalf waits below for Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas. I slip into a vision. "They are now, you will soon leave to free the King of Rohan. There will be a difficult battle ahead. You must be wary of how many you kill" she tells me.

"I will be, can you tell me who my one is?" I ask her hopeful.

"You know him, he is near. You must figure out who he is for yourself" she tells me. "Be careful Princess" she says and I return to the present. I hear the others below talking to Gandalf and fly down towards them.

"Then we have run all this way for nothing? Are we to leave those poor hobbits and the lass here in this horrid, dark, dank tree-infested" Gimli starts to say and the trees groan. "I mean charming, quite charming forest?" he asks.

"Pippin and Merry will be fine" I tell him. They all look at me. "As for me I will be accompanying you to Edoras" I state.

"It was more than mere chance that brought Merry and Pippin to Fangorn. A great power has been sleeping here for many long years. The coming of Merry and Pippin will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains" Gandalf tells them.

"In one thing you have not changed, dear friend" Aragorn tells him. "You still speak in riddles" he states. And they share a laugh.

"A thing is about to happen here that has not happened since the Elder Days. The Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong" I tell them as I stroke a tree.

"Strong? Oh, that's good" Gimli says.

"So stop your fretting Master Dwarf. Merry and Pippin are quite safe. In fact, they are far safer than you are about to be" Gandalf tells him.

"This new Gandalf's more grumpy than the old one" Gimli grumbles to Legolas and I. We exit the forest. I whistle with Gandalf. Lilo gallops over with Shadowfax. I mount her as Gandalf mounts Shadowfax. Aragorn mounts a chest horse and Legolas mounts a white one. With Gimli behind him. "Is that a unicorn?" Gimli asks me in awe.

"Sure is, but do not fear. Only true believers can see her horn or my wings" I tell him. "Speaking of" I say and wave my hand changing my outfit.

"Why the outfit change?" Aragorn asks me.

"I must blend in, besides they may not let me in. If they know I'm a woman" I state as I put my hood up. We set off towards Edoras.

(Time skip)

We ride through Edoras towards the Golden Hall of Meduseld. We receive sidelong looks from the villagers. "You'll find more cheer in a graveyard" Gimli mutters. When we reach the hall we dismount and walk up to the entrance. Where we are meet by guards.

"I cannot allow you before Théoden king so armed, Gandalf Grayhame. By order of... Gríma Wormtongue" the guard states. With a nod from Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and I give our many weapons to the guards. "Your staff" he says.

"Eh? Oh. No, you would not part an old man from his walking stick?" Gandalf asks while leaning on it.

"Very well, why does he hide?" he asks looking at me.

"He is badly scared, is sensitive to sun light and can't talk" Aragorn lies. The guard allows us all to pass. As Legolas 'helps' Gandalf into the hall. We approach the king and he looks worse then I thought he would.

"Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?" King Theoden asks.

"A just question my liege" Grima says. I glare at him from under my hood. 

"Be silent! Keep your forked tongue behind you teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm" Gandalf tells him. Raising his staff.

"His staff! I told you to take the wizard's staff!" Grima shouts. Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli fight the guards, allowing Gandalf to walk to Théoden. Me following him.

"Théoden, Son of Théngel. Too long have you sat in the shadows" I tell him.

"Harken to me! I release you from the spell" Gandalf says.

"You have no power here Gandalf the Grey" Theoden says with a laugh. The King continues laughing. Gandalf throws aside his grey robe, revealing his white clothes. Théoden, startled, leans back in his throne.

"I will draw you, Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound" Gandalf tells him. Gandalf points his staff at Théoden, who squirms in his throne.

"If I go Théoden dies" Saruman says with Theoden's voice. I take off my hooded cloak. Raising into the air.

"You did not kill Gandalf, you will not kill him Saruman" I state. "Light of Solaria, free this man of the darkness that consumes him" I say. The sin shine brightly upon him.

"Be gone" Gandalf says. It works and the curse on Theoden is lifted. I land beside Gandalf as a young fair haired woman ran over to Theoden.

"I know your face. Èowyn — Èowyn" Theoden says and she smiles brightly at him. He looks at Gandalf. "Gandalf" he says.

"Breathe the free air again, my friend" Gandalf tells him.

"Dark have been my dreams of late" Theoden says. A guard brings forward his sword.

"Your fingers would remember their old strength better if they grasped your sword" he states. Theoden draws his sword from it's sheath. Théoden examines his sword, then turns his gaze towards a cowering Gríma. He kicks him out of Rohan. A funeral is then held for his son.

A/N

Picture above of the men on horse back and picture on the external link of the king of Rohan.