Night-time Attack

Rhiannon's POV

I woke up to see it's day time. To Pippin shouting Merry's name. As the Uruk-hai are marching, while carrying the two hobbits. I'm still hidden in Merry's hood. I'll have to get some sun soon, hopefully they will stop soon for a breather. "You're late. Our master grows impatient. He wants the Shire-rats now" an orc states. "Also where's the fairy princess?" he demands.

"Couldn't find her. Also I don't take orders from Orc-maggots. Saruman will have his prize. We will deliver them" the lead Uruk-hai states.

"Merry! Wake up! My friend is sick! He needs water. Please!" Pippin pleads and I curse him.

"Sick is he? Give him some medicine, boys!" the Uruk-hai leaders orders. Uruks growl, then one pours a sticky red liquid into Merry's mouth. Merry chokes as I stay hidden in his hood.

"Stop it!" Pippin yells and the uruks stop as they laugh.

"Can't take his draught!" the leader chuckles.

"Leave him alone!" Pippin cries.

"Why? You want some? Huh?" the leader sneers. Pippin remains silent. "Then keep your mouth shut" he tells him. The uruks and orcs continue to march on as I see Merry wake up.

"Hello, Pip" Merry says weakly.

"You're hurt" Pippin says worried.

"I'm fine. It was just an act" Merry lies. I can sense his head injury from here and will heal it later. If the uruks and orcs go to sleep.

"An act?" Pippin asks not sounding convinced.

"See? I fooled you too. Don't worry about me, Pippin" Merry tells him.

"What is it? What do you smell?" the uruk leader asks his second in command.

"Man flesh" the uruk answers. I smile, the others are on their trail. I hear Pippin say Aragorn's name in relief.

"They've picked up our trail! Let's go!" the uruk leader orders. The Uruk-hai continue marching at a faster pace. The orcs with them.

(Night fall)

The uruks and orcs stop marching. Dropping Merry and Pippin. Who crawls over to Merry. As the uruks start to build a fire. "I think we might have made a mistake, leaving the Shire, Pippin" Merry mutters.

"Have hope young ones" I whisper.

"Rhiannon?" they ask.

"Shush, we don't want the enemy to know of my presence" I tell them. I fly invisible to Merry's wound. Adsorbing moon and starlight as I examine it. As the orcs chop at the trees, low groans and rumbles come from the forest. I glare them and heal Merry's wound.

"What's making that noise?" Pippin asks looking scared.

"It's the trees" I tell him. We must be next to Fangorn Forest. Which is a stroke of luck. If we can escape, the Ents will protect us.

"What?" Pippin asks.

"You remember the Old Forest? On the borders of Buckland? Folks used to say that there was something in the water that made the trees grow tall, and come alive" Merry explains.

"Alive?" Pippin asks in shock.

"Trees that could whisper, talk to each other. Even move" Merry states.

"I'm starving. We ain't had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days" an uruk whines.

"Yeah! Why can't we have some meat?" an orc demands. "What about them? They're fresh" he states and I hid in Pippin's hood this time.

"They are not for eating!" the second in command tells him.

"What about their legs? They don't need those. Ooh! They look tasty" another orc states.

"Get back, scum! The prisoners go to Saruman. Alive and unspoiled" the second in command reminds him.

"Alive? Why alive? Do they give good sport?" the orc asks.

"They have something. An Elvish weapon. The master wants it for the war" the uruk tells him.

"They think we have the Ring" Pippin says.

"Shhh! As soon as they find out we don't, we're dead" Merry tells him.

"Just a mouthful. A bit off the flank" the first orc says going for Pippin. The second in command cuts the orc's head off.

"Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!" he declares. They surround the dead orc and start to ate him.

"Now's your chance, head for the forest" I tell the Hobbits. The hobbits try to crawl away, but Pippin is caught by the second orc.

"Go on, call for help. Squeal! No one's gonna save you now!" he sneers. A spear pierces the orc's back. Riders burst out and attack the orcs along with the uruks. I fly out of Pippin's hood and return to normal size becoming visible.

I cut both hobbits free and start to lead the way to the forest. "Pippin!" Merry yells and I turn to see Pippin about to be trampled by a horse. But Lilo appears shoving the horse away.

"Good girl, go get help" I tell her as Merry retrieves Pippin. She nickers and gallops into the forest. "Come young ones" I say and race into the forest. The hobbits hot on my heels.

A/N

Picture above of Pippin with Merry and on the external link of Fangorn Forest.