Journey to Helms Deep

Rhiannon's POV

After the prince's funeral two children arrived on horse back. They are brought to the throne room. I clean and heal their wounds with magic. While Eowyn gave them food and water. "They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the Wildmen are moving through westfold, burning as they go, every rick, cot and tree" she tells her uncle the king.

"Where's mama?" Freda asks. I hush her. Before looking at King Theoden.

"This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven mad by the fear of Sauron" I tell him.

"Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children. You must fight" Gandalf tells him.

"You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak. Èomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king" Aragorn states.

"They will be three hundred leagues from here by now! Èomer cannot help us" Theoden states. "I know what is that you want of me. But I would not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war" he states.

"Open war is upon you, whether would risk it or not" Aragorn and I tell him.

"When last I looked, Théoden, not Aragorn or Rhiannon, was king of Rohan" Theoden says.

"Then what is the king's decision?" Gandalf asks him. The king decides to take everyone to Helms Deep. I leave and go tack up Lilo. I go to grab her saddle and see Legolas with it.

"Thank you" I say as he puts it on her.

"Don't listen to the king, you and Aragorn were only speaking the truth" he tells me.

"I know, but I fear for my people Legolas. War has not reached them yet, but it gets closer each day" I tell him.

"I to fear for my realm and father" he tells me. "But the best we can do is end this war" he states.

"And quickly" I say as I look at my bracelet. He grabs my hand and I feel sparks.

"It'll be ok, I won't let you fall" he tells me. "Gimli and I promised you" he states.

"Thank you Legolas, you've always been there for me. Through this whole journey" I say with a smile. I look into his eyes. "You're eyes are a lovely shade of blue, like a clear blue sky" I tell him. We start to lean in when we hear a crush. We pull away to see Gimli.

"There yeh both are, is Arod ready?" he asks Legolas.

"Not yet, I was helping Rhiannon tuck up Lilo" Legolas tells him.

"Thanks for the help Legolas, I can handle it from here" I assure him. "Go with Gimli and tuck up your horse. We'll be leaving soon" I state. I turn back to Lilo and start to do up her straps.

(Time skip)

We are over half way there. If we keep up this pass we should arrive an hour before nightfall. Right now we are having lunch. Well they are. I'm sitting next toe Aragorn soaking up the suns rays. Eowyn approaches us with a pot of stew.

"I made some stew. It isn't much, but it's hot" she tells us. She gives Aragorn a bowl and spoon. She goes to give me some.

"I'm sorry Eowyn, but my kind don't ate outside our realm. We survive on natural light" I tell her. She nods her head in understanding as Aragorn takes a zip of the stew. I notice him trying not to grimace and suppress a smile.

"Mmm. It's good" he tells Eowyn.

"Really?" she asks him with a bright smile. Èowyn begins to walk away. Aragorn turns to pour out the stew, but Èowyn turns around. He recovers, spilling some on his hand. I cover it with mine and use magic to heal it. "My Uncle told me a strange thing. He said that you rode to war with Thengel, my grandfather. But he must be mistaken" she says.

"King Théoden has a good memory. He was only a small child at the time" Aragorn tells her. I remove my hand from his.

"Then you must be at least sixty. Seventy? But you cannot be eighty!" she says shocked.

"Eighty-seven" he tells her.

"You are one of the Dúnedain. A descendant of Númenor, blessed with long life. It was said that your race had passed into legend" Eowyn says.

"There are few of us left. The Northern Kingdom was destroyed long ago" Aragorn tells her. "Guess Rhiannon's age" he tells her.

"Now Aragorn, you know it's not polite to ask a woman her age" I tell him.

"She does not look much old then I" Eowyn tells him.

"Oh you are so sweet" I tell her. "I'm am a lot older then I look. Just like Legolas is" I tell her. "I'm older then Aragorn, lets leave it at that" I state. "You should finish you food Aragorn" I tell him smiling sweetly. Eowyn nods her head in agreement and we watch him in. She left once he was done. "Next time, respect your elders" I tell him and go check on Lilo.

When I reach her a warning is sounded. "Wargs! We are under attack!" Aragorn shouts. I mount Lilo.

"All riders to the head of the column!" Theoden shouts. "You must lead the people to Helm's Deep and make haste" he tells Eowyn.

"I can fight" she tells him.

"No! You must do this — for me" he tells her.

"I'll go with them King Theoden. Better to have two warriors guide them, then one" I tell him. He nods his head head in thanks and goes to join his men.

"Make for the lower ground. Stick together!" Eowyn tells the civilians. I dismount Lilo and place two children on her. I look at Legolas to see him shooting wargs with his arrows.

"Lets go" I tell the others. We make for lower ground. Eowyn leading the way to Helms deep while I bring up the rear. A few straw orcs tried to follow us. But I dealt with them quickly. We reach Helms Deep with no causalities or injuries.

A/N

Picture above of Eowyn leading the civilians.