OC Locomotives

A/N: okay, everyone. Hope you're all doing okay around the world, even with the whole COVID-19 pandemic, and keeping yourselves isolated from this contagion.

Okay. Let's talk about something a little more pleasant and such. Thanks to fellow colleagues such as kieron0103, Endgame1999, as well as novarose122001, and seeing the work of MidlandsEngine and others, it got me to making my own Thomas & Friends book over the last few days. Sure, I'm still in the start of things with the story, but I've planned some OC engines to appear, as well as many others.

Also, in advance, I'd like to thank many with helping get over 650 followers, and keep going up. I'm happy about this, and I hope to keep on going into the future.

Now that is all out of the way, it's time to show off my OC engines. Hope you all enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
1. Braedey

Braedey is a GWR 4900 Class 4-6-0 tender engine from the Great Western Railway, in crimson red with golden highlights and lining, while having blue eyes and fair skin

The Great Western Railway 4900 Class or Hall Class is a class of 4-6-0 mixed traffic steam locomotives designed by Charles Collett for the Great Western Railway. A total of 259 were built at Swindon Works. The LMS Stanier Class 5 4-6-0 and LNER Thompson Class B1 both drew heavily on design features of the Hall Class. After nationalisation in 1948, British Railways gave them the power classification 5MT.

As indicated by their continuing production, the Hall Class proved to be successful in a variety of different roles, although barred from several cross-country and branch lines because of their red weight classification. According to Peter Herring, 'they were the first true mixed traffic locomotives, and as such precursors of the Stanier 'Black Five', Thompson B1 and BR Standard 5MT 4-6-0.' However, while they were forerunners of these highly successful and numerous 4-6-0 types, there were several successful 2-6-0 and 4-6-0 'mixed traffic' types on the GWR and other British railways before them - not least the GWR 4300 Class they were designed to replace.

Custom-built for mix-traffic railway operations, meaning Braedey can take both trucks and passengers, however he doesn't boast about his strength or speed. He could go just as fast as the Flying Scotsman, but he's limited to about 20mph or less below the famous engine's top speed. He doesn't mind this, since he's always on time, even if he's a minute or two late. For his goods work, he is cautious whenever it's delicate loads, and with anything heavy, he hauls it with all the strength he's got, even if he bursts a piston in the process.

He is a friendly and peaceful engine and friend to be around, and he could spend hours talking to anyone, if it's regarding something interesting or if it's regarding about work. However, he will assert his authority in case of turmoil and something goes wrong, and he'd even risk his own boiler and firebox for his friends, regardless if they're machine or human.