Thunderstorms

Y/N was lying in her tent pulling her blanket closer to her body. The storm outside was getting worse by the second and furious wind mixed with long loud bangs of thunder kept her awake.

Storms were the only thing on Earth she hated.She could deal with long hot sunny days and even freezing winters, but thunderstorms were her weakness.

There was only one person in the whole camp who knew her fear of thunderstorms. Bellamy Blake.

Once they were on the hunting trip and the storm made them find a cave to stay for the night. Y/N was shivering and  Bellamy held her close to his warm body calming her down.Just that simple contact was enough for her to peacefully fall asleep.

She wished she can have Bellamy hold her now... but that would be weird it's not like he is her boyfriend and besides he is probably holding someone else in his tent now.

The louder the thunder got, the more Y/N wanted to walk to Bellamy's tent and cuddle herself in his arms.She was getting tired but the fear was too great to let her fall asleep.

Y/N finally stood up from her bed putting her coat on leaving and walking towards the tent of the leader. She saw a dim light coming from inside and with all the bravery she had in her, she opened the tent slowly reveling Bellamy laying on his bed.

 She saw a dim light coming from inside and with all the bravery she had in her, she opened the tent slowly reveling Bellamy laying on his bed

He instantly looked at her with confused expression on his face. 

"What's wrong Y/N? Everything alright?"he asked raising himself to a sitting position on his bed.

"Can I come in?'she asked shyly not daring to look at him from embarrassment.

"Yes, of course come here" he said patting a spot next to him.

She sat down next to him looking down at her hands until Bellamy raised her chin.

"Tell me what's wrong princess" he asked gently rubbing her cheek making her heart beat faster.Y/N couldn't explain this sudden feeling in her stomach.She always thought Bellamy was pretty attractive even right when he woke up with his crazy curly hair and freckled face but this was different. She felt safe around him and all she wanted is to be held by him.

"Can I sleep here tonight?"she whispered looking at him with teary eyes 

"Thunderstorm?"he asked simply looking at her

"Yeah. I tried to tune it out but I just couldn't fall asleep and tomorrow is a big day and I need to rest and.."Y/N started mumbling making Bellamy chuckle which shut her up.

"Shhh princess come here lay down next to me"he said pulling Y/N towards him as she rested her head on his warm chest.

She focused on his heartbeat as his strong arms held her tightly next to him.

"You know I might start to hope for a thunderstorm every day"he said kissing the top of her head

"Why?"she asked softly

"For nights like these, princess"he said bringing her even closer if that was possible as both of them smiled and went to sleep.