12. King Wrest

My heart slowly returned to its normal speed after the scare Eviyo had given me

My heart slowly returned to its normal speed after the scare Eviyo had given me. What if he had escaped again then I would have to rely on that roamer. Would that become my life? That roamer always between us?

No! I had to do something. A spell on Eviyo or to block his teleporting. But easy magic won't be successful on him. I had to create a maze. If he slips away from my hands once more, I would surely burn this world down.

I wouldn't leave anyone. I couldn't fathom my world without him. He was mine. He was born for me. I wouldn't let him run away from me again.

The magic rose in me fiercely, from my feet and slowly traveled to my chest. A shout of pain startled me. I found Eviyo breathing heavily while leaning on the opposite wall. Dowsing cold water on my magic, I caught my shivering mate from falling and kissed his lips, willing my magic to breathe into him the oxygen he was deprived of.

Softly kissing his lips, I gently picked him up and walked him to my room.

"What was that?" He asked curiously.

Looking at his beautiful face, I lied, "Sometimes, magic overwhelms the system when it can't get out."

He frowned. It was my magic that overwhelmed him. My insecurity that captured and constricted him painfully in its grip. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"It's over now. How're you feeling baby?"

"I'm good. Better actually. Never felt this great. What did you do?"

"Just worked my magic on you."

"Normally, when someone has trouble breathing, you're supposed to give them chest compressions, not kiss them."

I chuckled, "When it comes to you, I think I know what I'm doing."

"Really? What're you going to do next? Bite me when I'm drowning in the water?"

"You talk too much of biting. Maybe I should bite you again since you're too shy to ask."

I closed my lips on his neck but he pushed at my chest, "No! No! I don't want that."

I smiled and sucked on the bite mark instead.

"Wrrrrest," came a long moan and my magic started simmering inside me once again.

Laying him on the bed, I looked at him. The dream that I had carried with me every minute has now been fulfilled. It took everything in me to hold my magic back which spurred on by seeing it's mate.

But my intensity would shock my little mate right now. He would be trained, however, to expect my unpredictability. Or the very least to handle my extreme nature. And he would. Because he was mine.

"So, what do I do now? Be here all day?" Eviyo asked.

"Yes, that would be great."

He made a face and got up. Pacing the room, he looked at me now and then. I waited for his restless spirit to calm down and say whatever he wanted to say. It didn't take too long.

"I can't stay in bed all day, Wrest. I need something to do. Please understand."

When he begged like that, it made me delirious. Clearing my throat, I got up as well and stopped him mid-stride.

"Then come with me to my office. Watch me work. Help me whenever I ask you to."

He squinted at me suspiciously, "Is this your grand scheme plan to get me to work with you?"

"My grand scheme plan wouldn't be this petty. You will work with me, for me nonetheless. It's just a matter of time."

Anger was a wild thing. It was monstrous in me yet absolutely adorable on him. I should rile him up frequently. Hands clenched, red cheeks and blazing eyes, a perfect fantasy to live sans clothing.

To take him while he was furious would be so delectable. "If you get any more red, I would be tempted to match that color on your ass."

He fumed brighter, "You... you..."

"Yes"

"Are horrible."

"I've been called worse. But I'll take that as a compliment."

He turned sharply and went to the window. I slowly walked up to him and encircled his waist. He stiffened.

"I'm sorry. Come, spend a day with me," I coaxed.

Immediately, he relaxed and I smiled.

"Okay. But just for today."

I nodded even though I would get my way. He didn't stand a chance. Kissing his temple, I called for the Mansion hand to set up a large breakfast.

After feeding a resistant Eviyo, I finished mine quickly.