10. King Wrest

I felt great knowing that Eviyo was asleep in my bed

I felt great knowing that Eviyo was asleep in my bed. I bound him to it with my magic just in case. He was still really hot and bothered with the whole mating thing. And I took his words seriously when he threatened me with running away.

So, I called the spellcasters who were in charge of researching more about the materializer capabilities. And how I could forbid him from wandering from now on.

"Black Crown," A soft male voice bowed deeply before straightening up.

"What have you got?" I asked, cutting to the chase.

"We have found very interesting information that would change the way we see magic, my king."

I waited for him to say it already.

"A Materializer is so rare that only one is born in a new century. We should keep your mate protected at all times. His magic already surpasses all of us. I'm afraid, if he wanders too much, he might not be able to come back to us."

I gasped. That was troubling. Eviyo has always been restless. If it were to him, he would keep running until he could no more.

Until he could no more. Hmm.

"Is my mark enough to hold him down?"

"Barely. But he doesn't need to know that. You have to renew the mark every month to make a noticeable impression on his mind. Otherwise, the tethering would be too weak."

"I would mark him every day then."

"No, his magic would start fighting yours. When you mark, you exchange a small portion of your magic. But if you start marking him regularly, it would disrupt the balance," the male frowned.

"Finish what you were saying before. How could he change the way we see magic?" I remembered.

"He could wander to many worlds out there which could be more magically advanced than us. He could become a gateway for the new magic, my king. He could bring us things which we haven't even thought until now."

"Hmm. This really can change so many things. Have you discussed this with others?" I got up and slowly circled the room.

"No, I was waiting to tell you first, Black Crown. I knew you would appreciate it," his voice practically quivered with excitement behind the neon hood.

"You make me happy! What is your name?"

"Drebore," he bowed deeply again.

"Drebore, you are an ambitious one. But your ambition should never be directed towards my mate. You want to use Eviyo so that you can unlock the mysteries of magic. And you think that I would let you do that."

The slim form froze and suddenly the long robe fell to the ground with the body nowhere in sight.

Rookie mistake

I raised my brow at the antic. "Don't you know Drebore, invisibility doesn't work on me. Using magic even as a defense in front of me has landed you in troubled waters."

"I could show leniency if you show yourself. Or else, the consequences would be dire," I negotiated.

A pale nude body shivered in the corner. "Please, I promise, I will never think of it again. You can even erase it out of my mind. But, please, don't kill me, my king."

I love begging especially when I don't plan to forgive.

I started from the sole of his feet. Directing my magic to move fluidly from low to high intensity, I burned him sometimes from the inside out and sometimes from the outside.

Stuffing his mouth with the heavy air so he couldn't scream, I filled him up with the poisonous smoke and watched him go slowly up in flames.

My own little bonfire. Pity I couldn't circle around him. A knob turned around but I froze the door.

I felt bad. I could really have done worse to Vonome instead I put him into that tube. Now, I couldn't take him out because his memory would already be gone. There wouldn't be any fun.

A voice called out my name from outside. I frowned realizing that it was Eviyo. How did he manage to get out of the bed?

Drebore was right. Eviyo's magic already surpassed mine. I needed to do something fast or else I would lose him. I cloaked the burning body and unfroze the door.

Eviyo marched inside with a frown. He looked beautiful, all red and soft. I reached out with my magic and grabbed him. 

He froze midstep and then shook his head. "Don't. Stop that right now," he ordered.

I backed off only because I decided to do it later. I titled my head, "What happened, baby?"

"You shackled me to your bed. Why?"

"Don't you already know the answer to that? You threatened me earlier. It was the only way to make sure you don't do that."

"And yet here I am," he replied.

I pursed my lips, "And here you are. Willingly and shivering with need."

"I'm not shivering with need. However, I'm bristling with rage."

"Your anger makes you even hotter, my mate. You should turn it down a little if you don't want to find yourself on your back with legs thrown wide open."

He gasped. "You're unbelievable, Wrest."

With that, he turned and marched back. He was making me crazy. I thought my obsession would fade a little after mating him but it felt like it had inflamed it more.

I gave the corpse one last look before cleaning up the mess, leaving behind a single long black line of smoke on the wall.

It was my tribute to my magic.