3. Eviyo

The kiss was wet and his lips lingered a little longer than I was used to

The kiss was wet and his lips lingered a little longer than I was used to. I bailed quickly. A certain heat traveled down south and it made my knees weak. I didn't think the king would be this blunt with his actions but I was proved wrong.

The white sun shined brightly through the windows and I quickened my pace to the door. I was blindsided by the rays for a moment before I turned my face towards the crafts building standing high on the hill. It was going to be a long trek but I was more than ready for it.

After an hour, I reached the sleek tall red building which darkened to maroon for a few seconds before turning back to red. It was said that the building had a secret place where hundreds of hearts of ancestors still beat continuously. It was too far fetched for me but who was I to doubt this crazy reasoning when I could myself travel to different, weird planets whenever I wanted.

I just shrugged at the eccentricity of it all and trudged up to the cream door covered in branches jutting up from the ground. They swirled and mingled with each to make an intricate design. I touched a branch before snapping one randomly. The door opened and I slid inside.

The constant snapping of branches was necessary to not let it permanently lock the door. Because they were the key holder to the heart hoarding building. There were plenty of conspiracy theories involved as to why this place was so colored with magic but they were just theories.

And though I knew the map of the universe at heart, I was very much dumb when it came to my planet. I could hardly remember the directions. And more than a few times, I have been lost near my home which was very embarrassing. I never told Vonome though, because then he would accompany me to everywhere.

Once again, my thoughts got lost in finding the reasoning as to why I went adrift on my birth planet. This derision of nature towards me was a little unsettling. I had had sleepless nights contemplating over why I was not very receptive to this land as I was to others.

I looked up when my name was called once I entered the building. "Pluso, how are you today my friend?" I asked with a smile.

The tall, brute man was taller than me by two inches but he enveloped me in a hug rather than kissing me on the cheek. I squeezed him hard before stepping back. Pluso was my childhood friend who was gifted craft skill. He built many multitasking simple looking chairs for the king concealing weapons, venom, potions and at hand magic scrolls which the king might need in case of emergencies. Those emergencies never rose, still, the king hoarded such extravagant furniture.

Sometimes, I was tempted to ask the king in our silent evening walks, what was he preparing for? To the best of my knowledge, we didn't have any enemies and we were a self-sufficient planet. There was no trade with other neighboring planets either. Then why such unnecessary plannings?

"You came today in the morning. What happened?" He worriedly asked.

Nothing. Just a weird king wet kissing me on the cheek all of a sudden and me liking it. "I just thought to start early," I answered instead.

"Hmm, alright then, I've got a few unfinished O2 cubes that are needed to be delivered today. Strap in and get to work, Envi", he ordered me good-naturedly.

I smiled at him and went to my station which had a floating thick silver counter. It was a good toy to play with when I was feeling bored. I used to throw it in the hills through windows just to see how far it could go before returning back to its refuge station.

I turned into a little kid when I was sitting idle. I was too active and jittery to sit still. That is why the time spent with the king was doing my head in. The silence we shared didn't make me as jittery as I expected it to be. These were my serious concerns. Also, for how long was I going to entertain the king? It was an added tension.

The only relief I found these days was an escape to an unknown planet. Where there was only me and the beautiful creation of the Supreme. It was not the time to escape to such beautiful lands so I turned my attention towards the next best relief, work.

The O2 cubes were a tricky substance. They were made of ocost which was just an air of doom. It smelled like death when it was blasted over an enemy to misdirect them into thinking that many have died alongside them. It was a perfect illusion for them to retreat in fear. The impact of these cubes remained for half a day which gave plenty of time to the opposition to take the other one out or just make an escape.

Once again, the question nudged my brain, why was the king investing on these when no enemy was in sight? We were a peaceful planet and we've never seen any war. Our history was a clean slate or was it? Maybe he was hiding something from us. That thought was too disturbing. I shook my head and carefully wrapped the O2 cubes in a cooling guard. The thin glue-like substance hugged the cube and instantly I felt better.

Vonome didn't know what I was working on. He thought I was making plain doors for the king's manor. Yet I was handling much more risky stuff.

I hope I could enjoy this more before he finds out and recruits me to a safer job. Just my life these days. Morning meals with the king, crafting dangerous weapons during the day, again evening walks with the king and at last universe wanderer at night. Ordinary.

I sighed.

_____________________________________________

A/N- This chapter was more fantasy than any I've written so far. It was fun to write. Was it fun to read? Comment down below and please vote if you liked it. Thanks for reading. :)