Chapter 19

"Berenice"

My eyes shot open when I heard his voice. It was the first time he called me by my name. He called me in a soft voice. I was surprised. I want him to speak to me in this voice only, it's melodious to my ears.

"Yes" I whispered, but I knew he heard it. I was so shocked by his tone that I couldn't speak properly.

"Come with me." he held my hands to lead me out of the room. As soon as his hand touched mine, I felt thousands of sparks travel through my body and I shivered from pleasure. He held my hand so gently as if I would break.

I'm not used to this treatment from my mate. I was overwhelmed with the amount of happiness I was feeling. My eyes got blurry.

My mate is being gentle with me.

I didn't even question where he is taking me. I just followed his lead.

When we exited the room, he stopped and turned to look at me. he came closer and wiped my tears that I didn't realize have fallen down. He caressed my cheek gently and I closed my eyes to savor this rare moment. I don't know why he is behaving this way but I'm not complaining at all.

I will take everything that he is willing to give me. Maybe my fate had mercy on me and gave me this precious moment with my mate.

He started walking again, still holding my hand and exited the castle. What surprised me was that no bodyguard followed us.

We were walking silently beside each other, holding hands and enjoying the view of nature.

My eyes widened at the view in front of me.

After crossing the path adorned by the greenery of nature, we arrived at a place that seemed like a Cherry Blossom forest. The path in front of us was surrounded by huge Cherry Blossom trees. I was mesmerized by the beautiful pink view in front of me.

Cherry Blossoms are my favorite. I always wanted to visit this kind of place. It has Cherry Blossom everywhere.

I just stood there to take in this amazing view to my heart's content. I didn't realize that my mate was looking at me and observing my reaction.

"Do you like it?" he decided to break the silence.

"I love it." I whispered. I do love it. My eyes were still wide as I looked at this beauty of nature.

My mate squeezed my hand lightly that was still in his hold and started walking in that path

My mate squeezed my hand lightly that was still in his hold and started walking in that path. I walked with him and enjoyed the view, looking everywhere like an excited child.

I cannot believe my mate brought me here. Oh God, this the best day of my life!

We kept on walking for a long time and stopped when we reached near a bench. My mate made me sit on it and then took his place beside me. he did not leave my hand even once.