Chapter 5

Berenice

I made up my mind to get him warm up to me. But at the moment I needed to talk to my mother about our unfinished conversation.

What did she want to tell me about Alexander?

I know this man harbors dark secrets. He is a six hundred years old Lycan after all.

I need to know what is stopping him from accepting me. If he says he doesn't want me, I'll change it. I'll show him that I love him enough for the both of us. He'll know that it feels good to be loved and most of all to be able to love.

I went straight to his office the old woman showed me earlier today. I bumped into someone.

"Hey hey! You alright?" Ryder held me from falling and asked me.

"Yes. I'm so sorry I didn't see you." I apologized.

"No worries Luna." As soon as these words left his lips my head shot up to him and eyes widened. If Alpha comes to know that Ryder knows about us being mates, he will blame me and I don't know what will happen next.

"H-how do you know?"

"I'm the Royal Beta. I ought to know who my Queen is. Alex told me."

"He told you that we are mates?" I felt happy.

"Well, yes he did. I know he is not being.... Cooperative right now but he will come around eventually. Where were you going by the way?"

"To his office. I want to go home to meet my family."

"What? But you just arrived here. Why do you want to go back so soon?"

"I- I have some important work to do." I told him, I don't want him to know the actual reason. He understood that I don't want to talk about this anymore.

"Well okay! Will you mind joining me afterwards so that I can show you around?" he asked me with a smile on his face.

"Will it not look weird that the Royal Beta is roaming around with a house maid?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Whoa! What did you just say? A house maid!" he exclaimed.

"Umm, yeah. He doesn't want anyone to know that we are mates, so I'll be staying here as a maid." I informed him.

"Is he out of his God damn mind? You just wait till his parents find out. They'll lose their shit."

"Is he scared of his parents?" I asked. If yes then they can be a lot of help to persuade my scary Alpha mate.

"Scared.... Alexander? He doesn't even know what that means. But he respects his parents enough to obey their orders."

"Can I ask you something Ryder?"

"of course! Go ahead."

"why does he hate me so much?" it hurts me to say that but, truth remains the same. He hates me.

"He doesn't hate you Luna. It is the very first time that a Lycan has a werewolf mate. He is having a hard time accepting it."

"Well... if you say so. I think I should go and meet him"

"Do you even know where his office is?" he asked me. I slapped my hand on my forehead. I don't know where his office is. He laughed and told me that Alpha's office is on the third floor. That floor is called the Alpha wing. The same wing where his bedroom is. I don't even know how his bedroom looks like because I was so busy staring at my mate.

How can I not remember how his bedroom looks like? Goddess I'm stupid.

"okay. See you later!" he said his goodbye and I left for my mate's office with my pounding heart. I was going to talk to him alone. I was literally sweating like a dog.