Chapter 21

"You can ask whatever you want to ask Berry." My mate said when he noticed my not so subtle glances towards him. We came out of our room in the evening. Yes, our room. It sounds so right.

We were in the garden, enjoying the sunset but I couldn't help but feel annoyed about one thing my mate did.

"Fine. Why were you sniffing Charlie? I know he is cute and all but he is Ryder's mate. You are not supposed to sniff him." I babbled. What the hell Berry, why are you jealous of Charlie?

My mate was grinning as if he won a trophy. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No need to be jealous mate, I have my eyes only for you." And ladies and gentlemen, just by a single sentence, my mate turned me into a tomato.

"I just sniffed his hair. Ryder's scent was all over him. I was just checking. I didn't sniff his neck, Ryder would've killed me if I did that. I don't even want to sniff his neck so, don't be jealous. Charlie is my brother's mate so, that makes him my brother too. And yes, he is cute and fragile, that makes me want to protect him."

"If he is so cute then just go to him." I snapped.

"Hey! Don't sulk Berry. I told you that he is like my brother." I looked at him and he was trying his best to control his laughter. I punched his chest lightly and he burst out laughing.

"You are so cute when you are jealous." He said after he caught his breath after all the laughing that he did.

"Let's see how cute you are when you get jealous." The smile disappeared from his face and he growled.

"Don't you dare." He captured me in a bear hug.

"I didn't even do anything and you are already annoyed." I sniggered. My face buried in his chest.

"Okay, fine. No more making each other jealous." He grumbled and I just smiled in his embrace.

"I think you should go and check on Ryder and Charlie." My mate said after a few minutes.

"You won't come with me?"

"I don't think Ryder would appreciate any male near his mate at the moment." I looked at him confused. Why would he mind my mate's presence? They are brothers.

My mate noticed my confusion and smiled at me.

"This is how we are Berry. This is our nature. Ryder will be on high alert for a few days. He won't tolerate any male near Charlie no matter whoever he is."

"But- you were not like that." I said and instantly regretted it. I shouldn't have brought this up.

"I was worse than this, my mate. I couldn't control my rage. I gave that sorry excuse of a Lycan a painful death. When Ryder picked you up that night, it took everything in me not to beat him up. After I killed Xavier, I couldn't control myself. I wanted to see you so, I snuck into your room the next night. You were having a nightmare. You calmed down when I held you. I slept with you in my arms that night."

Yes, I clearly remember that. That night I had the nightmare about getting lost in a forest. In the morning his scent was everywhere in my room.

"I am possessive over you, my mate. Will you be able to handle that?" he asked while caressing my cheek.

"Gladly." I answered. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Go check on those two." My mate gently pushed me to go inside the castle. I laughed and left to check on my brother and his newly found mate.

* * *

"Hey Ryder, come on, open up!" I shout. I've been knocking on his door for ten minutes now. What the hell is he doing?