Chapter 13

"I know you are hurting." My mate finally decided to speak up. I was still straddling him, my head tucked underneath his chin and our arms around each other. My tears all dried out.

"But I want to talk to you about what happened to your parents." He said in his usual cold tone.

No sympathy...

"Yes, Alpha." I mumbled. I felt him getting tensed when I said it. It's so weird, I'm sitting on his lap, holding him for my dear life, but there is still so much formality between us.

"Your parents were killed by the same creatures who are attacking the packs that are not under my rule." I lifted my head to look at him. As soon as our eyes met, I felt intimidated. His eyes were cold, all the softness in them gone. I immediately looked down and played with my hands.

"Nobody is allowed to touch these dead bodies because it is toxic for them. Two wolves died when they touched those bodies. They felt pain everywhere. They screamed as if someone is ripping them apart. That's why I didn't let you near their dead bodies." He told me.

"But why were my parents killed? They were under your rule." I decided to ask. He sighed.

"They were at the wrong place at wrong time. They were coming here to meet you, it was a sudden attack. To reach the castle they have to cross the lands which are not under my rule." My eyes teared up after listening this. They were coming here to meet me. This is all my fault.

"It is not your fault." He spoke up as if he could hear what I was thinking.

"Do- Do my brothers know about it?" I managed to croak out.

"Yes, they have been informed. We will leave for their pack the day after tomorrow. They are organizing the funeral, and your eldest brother will take over the Alpha position." He said simply, no emotion in his voice.

"I want to clear one thing up." He said, placing his fingers under my chin to make me look at him.

"I'm here with you right now, this does not mean I accept you as my mate and you better understand that. I did you a favor by holding you, you were able to tolerate this pain, now, you'll do me a favor and not run your mouth in front of your brothers. You'll let them know that you are taken care of here, got it?" I was shocked to hear this. What? All this was just an act.

This time, the tears fell down from my eyes. I really thought that everything will be fine now. He gripped my cheeks hard, making sure it hurts.

"Got it?" he asked through gritted teeth. His eyes blazing with anger. I was scared.

"Ye- yes, Alpha." I managed to say it. I was shaking out of terror now. He picked me up from his lap and pushed me on the bed roughly. He got up from the bed and stood beside it.

"You will not leave this room. I don't one anyone to know about today's events." His arms shot forward to take a hold of me and pulled me towards him. I was on my knees, over the bed. He ran his thumbs over my cheek where he gripped earlier, it was bleeding because he dug his nails into my skin.

I was so terrified of him that my body went limp. I couldn't feel a single thing.

He buried his hand in my hair and gripped them hard, tilting my head so that my neck is exposed to him. I was breathing heavily. My heart was about to explode. What is he going?

My mind went into overdrive and I starting squirming in his hold.

"Leave me. please leave me." I begged him, my voice, small and scared. He didn't let go. I began thrashing in his hold. His grip on me tightened, restricting all my movements. He brought his face closer to me, I closed my eyes instantly. What is he doing? It's like he wants to rip my hair out of my head.