thirty-six

_____________________________

ALEX'S HEAD SNAPPED UP, HER EYES FALLING ON LOKI DISCREETLY SNAPPING HIS FINGERS AT HER. SHE QUICKLY RE-TIED THE STRINGS on her tunic, and straightened her hair. She stood from the bed, and met Loki's eyes when he looked back at her. 

"Do come in." Loki's voice was annoyed at Odin's pushing into the room. 

Alex instantly fell intimidated. She hadn't met the man before, and she quickly recognized his power. He was the 'Protector of the Nine Realms', and he was standing right before her. Gaping at her current state. 

A great first impression.

"Your majesty," She looked at Loki who stood behind Odin, her eyes frantic. He simply gave her a mocking thumbs up.

"And you are?" 

"I'm Alexandra--"

"She's my guest." Loki interrupted. 

"And where is she a guest from?"

"Midgard."

Odin whipped around to face Loki, and Alex felt a blush creep onto her cheeks. She threw her hands up silently to Loki once Odin's attention was no longer on her. After receiving a wink from Loki, she sent him a threatening stare. 

"I will not have mortals waltzing around my kingdom, Loki, I have far more important things to tend to. To list a few, relations with other realms have depleted from your days as ruler, your brother is absolutely no where to be found--"

"I'm not seeing an issue."

"She must leave at once. I'll gather the Einharjar to escort her--"

"She will be staying. She's also not just a mortal," Loki held out his hand for Alex to take. She walked over to the pair with caution. "She's got these abilities,"

"Nonsense, Loki. I will not be falling for your deception any longer."

"Alexandra, show daddy dearest what I mean," He gestured to his father. 

Alex lifted her hand to Loki's bicep, who looked at her confusedly. It only took her a couple seconds to drain him of his energy, stepping out of the way to let him hit the ground with a 'thud'. 

Odin's eyebrows shot up, but displayed no emotion on his face. 

"I'm a part of the team Thor works for. The Avengers, your majesty. The same team that battled Loki many years ago when he attacked Earth,"

"Well, I must say you've shown me quite the ability. How I wish I had that power for when Loki was young," 

Alex dared to smile.