seven

________________________________

"WELL HELLO, WHO MIGHT YOU BE?" 

She opened her mouth at the man standing before her. 

"Are you mute, or just plain stupid?" 

"You must be Loki," She finally said. 

"So, you aren't daft." 

"No, I'm not...that word." She retorted. 

"Yes, well, you're coming with me," He gripped her forearm. 

"What--Why," She tried to tug out of his grip. 

"I want my scepter back, and I intend to use you as ransom for it. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." He narrowed his eyes at her, continuing to drag her with him.

"The hard way sounds nice," She said sarcastically. 

"If you weren't so valuable to these heathens then I would have a choice."

"You need to look up the definition of heathen," She cracked. "Plus, I'm mad at Tony right now." 

He rolled his eyes. "Then you'll have no problem with me taking you as prisoner." 

"Well, I'm making a pros and cons list in my head, and 'super villain who just attacked my city' is kind of a big one on there," 

"Will you be quiet?" He snapped as they walked around the top floor of Stark Tower, where things were smashed and broken. 

She got a glimpse out into the city from the giant windows, and her face fell in horror. Buildings were on fire, collapsing on themselves. It had seemed that the creatures were gone, meaning the  Avengers won. 

"We won," She breathed. 

"I beg your pardon," He asked. 

"They beat you," 

He ignored her, stalking around to find his scepter. She stood next to the window, and she could see Tony lying on the ground below. Captain and Nat were with him, and they all seemed to be talking. 

Then, Tony flew in his suit to the deck of the top floor. She made sure not to say anything, so Loki wouldn't be warned. 

"I thought I took care of you," Tony walked in. Alarm painted his face when his eyes landed on Alex, seeing her not tucked away where he left her. 

Loki noticed this almost immediately, and stepped toward her. "Not quite,"

In an instant, before Tony could even blink, Loki grabbed Alex's bicep and teleported. She heard a faint yell from Tony before she was ripped away from the only dimension she knew.