thirteen

________________________________

LOKI FELT AN URGE TO LOOK UPON THE HUMANS HE WAS WAITING ON. HE WENT to the Bifrost that next morning, hopeful. He was hopeful they had his scepter waiting for him, so he could rid himself of the girl and move on with his plans. 

He had already been taking too long. 

Using Heimdall's enchanted equipment, he looked down at his target. The Avengers were gathered together in Stark Tower, around an object. 

His scepter.

Loki's face lit up, a wave of relief washing over him. He was starting to fear they wouldn't be able to give it to him, and he'd have the girl around permanently. That thought wasn't too bad at first, until he really thought about it. The responsibilities that had fallen in his lap, he had no room to be accountable for someone. He had to only be accountable for himself. 

Loki decided to travel to Earth right then and there. He had no time to waste. He activated the Bifrost, and let himself fall into the portal. The rainbow glisten of the tunnel-like portal shined brightly as he shot down toward Earth. 

He landed on the street right next to Stark Tower, looking up at the building. He transformed himself into a very basic looking man on his way to work. Getting into the building wouldn't be difficult, as they were expecting him. 

<>

In Asgard, Alex awoke with ease. She had slept well, for the first night that week. She couldn't tell how long she'd been in Asgard, since time seemed to pass differently. The days in Asgard felt longer, but maybe that was because she was constantly around someone who stressed her out. 

She stood up, noticing her breakfast was already on the table. She ate, and changed. She pondered what she should do, since it was apparent Loki had no plans for her. 

She decided she would read. 

So, Alex grabbed a book, sat on the chaise, and opened it. The Art of Combat. She laughed, and flipped the page. 

Suddenly, the door opened. 

"Loki, I've been looking all over for you--" 

The woman stopped dead in her tracks when her eyes landed on Alex. Closing the book, Alex's eyes widened. The woman looked taken aback, furrowing her brows. She had long, curly, strawberry blonde hair. She wore a beautiful dress, and was most definitely not a servant. Not by how she addressed Loki as simply 'Loki', and not 'King Loki'. Meaning, she must be--

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The woman asked, pulling Alex out of her thoughts. 

She stood up, smoothing her dress nervously. "I'm Alex,"